Saturday, September 30, 2017

Another Awesome Exchange with Emma!

Hi everyone! Life's been crazy and whatever extra time I have I literally just sleep or eat or take a shower. I haven't had a single minute to spend stitching, so I have no updates to share. But fear not! Emma (of Emma's Bloglet) and I have had our annual summer exchange, so here I am to reveal all!

This was originally meant to be a Christmas in July exchange, like last year, but as we've just received each other's packages, it's really more like a Christmas in September exchange! This is what I made Emma:


This is the January installment of Hands On Design's A Year in Chalk. I stitched it on a piece of 28-count dark blue evenweave with DMC Blanc for the white and a gorgeous variegated floss I had called Hydrangea from a South African company, The Cherry Tree. I finished it up as a flat ornament with some festive holiday fabric and twine!


I added a Little House Needleworks snowman chart with a piece of evenweave fabric to stitch it on, lots and lots of floss in Christmassy colors, a camel Christmas ornament, some snowman earrings, and some Arabic coffee.

And this is what she sent me:


A sweet snowy sheep, a Mill Hill Christmas magazine, some gorgeous red linen, metallic DMC floss, lovely red and white Christmas fabric, and an awesome tin of shortbread cookies! I love shortbread, so it's taking all my willpower not to inhale them.


I love it all so much, Emma! Thank you! I can't wait until next year's exchange...

Lots of love,

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Fabulous! Such cute patterns you each chose to stitch for each other. :D

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Sarah, these exchange pieces are both fantastic. Such lovely stitching and finishing.

Julie said...

Well done to you both, great exchange.

Linda said...

Awesome exchange gifts Sarah.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great exchange! Christmas can be in any month you like with stitching friends. I love the chalkboard designs and really must stitch one for myself.

Mary said...

Anytime you receive a stitch from a stitching friend it feels like Christmas, Love both gift exchanges!! Did you sew on the cording around your ornament or glue it? I recently sewed cording and it took forever!! Mary

Justine said...

You and Emma always have such great exchanges! I really love both of the stitched gifts you made.

RJ said...

Hi Sarah! The photos are not coming through for me tonight but I wanted to stop in and say hi. Will check by again tomorrow to see if the photos are up. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever