Saturday, June 3, 2017

Quilting and Wrinkles!

Hey, everyone! I meant to type this up days ago, but I've had a lot on my plate. My in-laws are still here, and they've kept me super busy. But I have managed to find a few moments here and there to work on one of my WIPs, the cute little baby quilt I'm making for the Little One's birthday.

You can see my last update here. Since then, I've attached the last strips of the Come Dive With Me charm pack and cut up the final border of plain white (not photographed, so you'll have to take my word for it!)


Sorry for all the wrinkles! Aside from pressing the seams, I haven't ironed the whole thing out yet. I don't have a empty surface available at the moment, so it keeps getting folded up in between sewing sessions.


This is slow going, but I'm really happy with my progress on it. I'm so close to being done with the quilt front! And then it's just a matter of binding the whole thing together, which is a little terrifying since I've done it before, but I'm prepared to do a lot of YouTube research!

Big hugs,

12 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

It's looking really lovely Sarah.

Vickie said...

It looks super Sarah! You just look stuff up and you will sail through the finishing.

RJ said...

I think is looks beautiful Sarah. Love the colors and the design. You are doing a great job! RJ@ stitching friends forever.

Mary said...

You tube is wonderful for learning new techniques, you can do it!! Your almost to the end and what a great BD gift for the little one. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

cucki said...

Aww so pretty
Big hugs x

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Sarah, You can do it. What did we ever do before YouTube? Your top is looking really good. --Andrea

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The quilt looks lovely. I do like the splash of red.

Emma Louise said...

It looks great! Will you be quilting it yourself or are you just going to bind it?

Mii Stitch said...

You Tube is the best to learn and then give it a go. Perfect for your confidence!
It looks lovely already, your little one is going to love it.

Brigitte said...

This looks so great, Sarah. And you will learn how to do the binding very fast and easily from videos. Good luck with it.

Wendy said...

it looks great! Aren't you going to quilt it before you bind it?

Kaisievic said...

Oh, it is looking so pretty for your little one, Sarah.