Saturday, June 10, 2017

Picking Up an Old Favorite

I'm in-between sheep at the moment, so I thought I'd pick up a WIP that I haven't worked on in a while, Plum Street Sampler's Blackberry House. I actually had to look up how long it's been since I stitched on it at all, and I found a post from January here. It's been almost six months! That's crazy. I can't believe it's just been sitting around for that long. I've been so busy with the Little Sheep Virtues SAL, the Gifted Gorgeousness posts, and the baby quilt I'm putting together, that I just haven't had time, I guess. It's too bad, because I actually really enjoy working on this piece.

So anyway, I stitched on it a bit this week, and here's my progress:


I put in another couple of berries and that dark leaf on the bottom left. Then I went back and traced the veins of the leaves on the right side with white, though I'm not sure you can tell.


The pictures aren't really showing how lovely all the colors are in real life. They're so pretty!

All right, I have to hustle and get back into the kitchen - we've got some friends coming over for dinner tonight. I know I haven't been visiting everyone's blogs as often as I usually do, but bear with me! Ramadan's always a difficult time, but we're already halfway through.

Happy xxx's,

13 comments:

Linda said...

Pretty design and nice progress Sarah.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well, that's an opening comment you don't often read!
I think you're doing very well to be getting any stitching done at all. This is a lovely piece you've picked this week.

RJ said...

Lovely stitching Sarah. It is such a beautiful pattern. I just finished my first big Plum Street Sampler stitch and loved working on it too. The chosen colors are soft and pretty and add so much to the stitch. Hang in there...halfway through and before you know it you will be at the end. Have a lovely weekend. RJ @stitching friends forever

Vickie said...

Oh how nice to see this one again Sarah. It is very pretty.

Mary said...

Sarah, the pattern is beautiful and I can see why you enjoy stitching it, lovely colors. Enjoy your company and the rest of the weekend. Mary

Anne said...

Hallo my dear! Wonderful to pop by and see all your lovely crafting. Love your sweet quilt for your boy. Crazy how time flies hey!
Hugs!!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice to see this one again and good progress!

Kay said...

I think we all have cross stitch project that we go back to from time to time. I recently spent a few weeks finishing off the Christmas Elf fairy by Nora Corbett, I thought back and realised that I had originally begun it over 7 years ago!!

Mii Stitch said...

Oh I do love this beautiful design! I am so glad you've decided to work back on it for now, it is so pretty.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely piece, Sarah, I can't wait to see it finished.

Julie said...

Such a pretty design and looking so beautiful

cucki said...

So beautiful x

Brigitte said...

I'm always amazed at how much you can manage with a little toddler at home.
This is a great design and it's good that you pulled it out again.