Thursday, May 25, 2017

Kindness Sheep Update 8

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with everyone's blogs. My to-be-read list is so long! My husband's entire family is staying with us for a few weeks because of Ramadan, which starts on Saturday. They've already been here six days, and taking care of them (his parents plus two younger sisters) on top of everything I already have to do for myself and the Little One is running me a little ragged already. But complaints are definitely not welcome, so we've just got to soldier on!

I found a little pocket of time this week to finish up the last 100 stitches on Kindness for the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


So this, finally, is about 1400 stitches. All I did this week was sew on the little bird buttons and stitch the two sheep in Wisper thread. I decided to go with white because of how dark the border already is. Thanks for all your suggestions! They were really helpful.


I unfortunately haven't had time to swing by my LNS to pick up backing fabric (see above insanity), so this cutie is just going to have to wait in the unfinished drawer until I do.


Lots of love,

15 comments:

Christina said...

Aww, the cute bird buttons really finish it off! Good luck with your in-laws! 😉

RJ said...

Sarah, it looks fantastic! I love this series. I have been holding up on doing all of my sheep not knowing what to use. I like the white wisper that you used alot so you may have solved my problem. Enjoy your company. When you get more time, stop by and visit our new blog at stitchingfriendsforever2. We would love to have you. RJ

Kaisievic said...

Sarah, fabulous finish and your two white sheep look great! Great choice because of the border, as you said. Oh, I hope that you get through Ramadan okay, do look after yourself, too. xxx

Linda said...

Congrats on the super cute finish Sarah.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet! Can't wait to see how you finish it off :)

Vickie said...

Perfect choice Sarah. I am sorry you are tired my dear. Hang in there.

Mary said...

I love the virtures series and still have quite a few more to finish. Don't you just love the texture the whisper thread adds to them? Try to relax and enjoy your inlaws. Mary@stitchingfriendsfover

cucki said...

Aww sweet ..I love it so much
Big hugs x

cucki said...

Aww I love your piece so much
It's so cute
Big hugs and love xx

Brigitte said...

So great that you could finish the stitching on this little sheep virtue.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the little sheep this month.

I think you need a rota for everyone since it's an extended visit! Hopefully they are at least taking turns to cook or wash up. Cleaning the bathroom may be too much to ask LOL

Kerryp77 said...

Such a sweet finish Sarah. Enjoy your family time too.

Julie said...

Lovely sheep this month.
Hope all goes well with all the family staying.

Wendy said...

well done, that's lovely. The bird button is so sweet!

Rita E in AZ said...

it's a beautiful finish, Sarah