Thursday, February 16, 2017

The February Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

Well, since I hit a roadblock last month with Fresh Apple by running out of floss, I had to pick up a new Gifted Gorgeousness project. I had a root around my stash and came up with another chart that Emma (Emma's Bloglet) had gifted me during one of our exchanges. This girl is so generous and gifts me with so many sweet charts! Half of the projects I've worked on for Gifted Gorgeousness have been from her!


This is the January installment of Hands On Design's A Year in Chalk. I have no plans to stitch the whole year - this one was part of our Christmas in July exchange and is super cute all on its own.


I'm stitching this on a mystery piece of 28-count dark blue evenweave. I had black, but I decided to change it up a bit. I'm using DMC Blanc for the white bits and a gorgeous variegated floss I had called Hydrangea from a South African company, The Cherry Tree. I don't know if you can see the colors properly - it's been pretty gloomy here and hard to take a decent picture - but it's a lovely mix of blues, greens, and purples.

Oh, and if you haven't signed up for my awesome 5th-blogoversary giveaway yet, you can do so here. I'm doing the draw next week. There's a chance for two people to win!

Happy xxx's,

15 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

A promising new start Sarah!!!!

Vickie said...

Oh this is pretty Sarah!

CJ said...

Lovely stitching.

CJ

Christina said...

A lovely start - I love the chalkboard charts. I saw some graphite fabric on ebay that I think would be perfect for them.

Kerryp77 said...

That's a lovely start Sarah, it looks just right on the navy blue.

Linda said...

Lovely start Sarah.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I do like the chalkboard designs. I think if Emma is supplying you with your charts, she should link up for GG too!

Von said...

I love that January Hands on Design, but with all the snow we've had this year, I just could not stitch it, lol! Maybe next year!

Justine said...

Beautiful - you and Emma have some great exchanges!

Brigitte said...

A great new start, Sarah. And I think, you needn't stitch the whole series as the individual months can also stand alone.

Rita E in AZ said...

Oh, that's very pretty, Sarah

jocondine said...

Love the dark blue fabric, very nice. xxx

Penny said...

A lovely design and looking pretty with that floss and fabric!

FlashinScissors said...

Very pretty Sarah! Love the colours!
Barbara x

Julie said...

Very sweet, nice choice of fabric