Thursday, December 8, 2016

Courage Sheep Update 16 - Finished!

Happy December, everyone! My birthday was on the 2nd, when I stared the big 3-0 in the face and survived. Okay, I'm being a little dramatic, but it was a pretty big deal for me.

Unfortunately, the weather here hasn't realized that it's December yet. It's only 28 degrees here (that's 82 degrees F). Still humid and muggy and gross. Joy.

I managed to carve out some time this week to do the final finishing on Courage, the latest sheep installment for the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


I finished it off the same way I did the previous ones, as a little pillow with twine around the edges. Here's the fabric I used for the backing:


Isn't it cute? I knew I wanted to use it when I first started this sheep, because of all the purple in the design. I'm so happy with how it all looks! And here is my whole flock together:


And all their finishing fabrics:


I can't believe I've finished eight of them already - only four more to go! Although finishing those four might take me another two years, at the rate I'm going. Oh well - what's the rush, right?

Lots of love,

12 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Ah the big 3-0!!! The best years, believe me! They fly by way too quick too unfortunately :)
28 degres?? Bliss! We have been faced with big frosts recently in the UK but things have gone mild again. This morning we had 12 degres.
Congrats on your latest finish, those little sheep designs are adorable.

Pull the other thread said...

Many Happy Birthdays to you. Love your sheep finish and all of them together look wonderful!!

Linda said...

Congrats on another adorable finish Sarah.

Linda

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday my friend! I woke to -11ÂșC this morning. How's that for ya?! Love your sweet finish!

Bea said...

Belated birthday wishes!

Courage looks wonderful and fits so well with the rest of the flock. What a beautiful set.

Brigitte said...

I always love to see a picture where you gather all the sheep ornaments. They look gorgeous. Congratulations on finishing already eight of them.

Brigitte said...

... and Happy belated Birthday, Sarah!

Justine said...

Happy birthday! My 30s were my best decade so far.
I love seeing all your sheep together, the fluffy brown ones especially are just so cute.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Beautifully done! All eight of them! And A very Happy Birthday to you, my dear lady!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I remember my 30th so well, I was child-free so we went to the pub to see a band!
Love the finished sheepie ornies, they look lovely all together like that.

Julie said...

Belated Happy Birthday, I struggled terribly with being 30, but when it came to 40 it sailed by.
Your flock look so lovely all rounded up together.

Heather said...

Awesome finishes! I faced the big 3-0 this year myself so I know how you feel! We will survive!