Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Exchanges with Chiara

All right, so, years ago Chiara (from the grey tail) and I started talking about doing a sheep-themed exchange, we sent our packages out months ago, and we're finally getting our acts together enough to blog about it. But maybe good things really do come to those who wait, because our packages were both dripping with goodness - we'd both taken the time to get some awesome goodies for each other!

Here is what I sent her. I completely forgot to take a single picture before I shipped it out, so I'm borrowing this one from Chiara's blog:


I stitched a sheep-y Bent Creek design called Wooley on 32-count Dark Cobblestone Lugana and finished off with some coordinating fabric and a bit of lace. I added some wooden spoons I found that were painted with little sheep, some King Cole Merino (from sheep!) yarn in a lovely rose color, and a Bent Creek sheep pattern. I had to include some souvenirs from good ol' Dubai, of course, so in went some local tea packs and a very Arab pencil.

And this is what she sent me, all wrapped up:


And unwrapped:


She'd stitched us both adorable little scissor fobs from a Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery design called "Wool Ewe Be My Neighbour?" She also gave me some Wisper and DMC wool and a cute little Mill Hill sheep kit.

But the most awesome part - she'd bought us both the Jardin Prive's "History of Sheep" series! She sent me everything I'll need to stitch it up, including linen and floss from Nina's Threads. I'm so excited about this project, but I have no idea when we'll start it.

I love it all, Chiara, thank you! We've got to do another exchange soon!

Happy xxx's,

14 comments:

Summer said...

Looking all pretty ♥

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Beautiful stash you have there Sarah, Chiara sends (and wraps!)the best presents 💜!

Mii Stitch said...

A sweet little exchange!

Vickie said...

squee! So very, very cute!!

butterfly said...

Two beautiful exchanges , enjoy those beautiful gifts .

Linda said...

Great exchange Sarah.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

That is so fun! Great exchange.

Bea said...

What wonderful goodies! You two definitely spoiled each other.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Sarah, what an awesome exchange you had with Chiara. I love everything you sent and received. Such fantastic stitched pieces and goodies. Jardin Privé's History of Sheep is a great design as I have seen on Mii's blog. Enjoy stitching it with Chiara.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fantastic exchange, it's always fun to find things for other people.

Julie said...

Great exchange parcels you both sent

Ariadne said...

A lovely exchange!AriadnefromGreece!

Emma Louise said...

Lovely items!

Heather said...

Great goodies both sent and received :)