Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Courage Sheep Update 15, and a Berry Dilemma

Hi folks! I hope you're all having a wonderful week. The weather is finally getting cooler here, which is a welcome relief. Time to dig out the sweaters! For someone who lives in a hot sandpit, I have an addiction to buying sweaters - wishful thinking, I guess - and nothing makes me happier than sweater weather!

All right, some stitching has been happening. Here's Blackberry House:


You can see my last progress update here. I've stitched another leaf and a couple of berries, and I've started to go back and highlight the other berries with the suggested colors. Weeks ago I had a problem with the smaller berries, the ones with the maroon outline, because three little stitches were charted in bright pink, even though the model shows them highlighted in white. So I frogged that bit out. Now, the bigger berries are annoying me. I went back and filled in the holes with the suggested color, but it just looks so dark!


You can see what I mean here. I've filled in the lowest berry and the one under the bird's wing. Do they look alright to you? I'm trying to decide how much this bothers me, if it's worth frogging or not.

I've also got a finish for the Little Sheep Virtues SAL!


This is Courage at a little more than 1400 stitches. I've finished the little sheep, which I stitched in a dark brown Wisper, and attached the two little buttons. I need to get out my Bunka brush and do some final finishing, and then it can join my flock!


So strange how the color of the fabric is so different in these two pictures, which I took right after each other in the exact same spot. The first one is more true to real life.

Happy xxx's!



10 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Fantastic finish on your courage sheep, so sweet. Blackberry is looking lovely. I think the larger berries look fine but if it will really bother you it might be worth changing the colour.

Vickie said...

Yes Sarah, I like the way the berries look now. I love that you have a brown sheep. :D

Rita E in AZ said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish of the Courage sheep. It's lovely

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish on the sheep! I think the berry looks fine filled in, but you could always leave a few unfilled to sort of balance the colour if that would work for you.

Bea said...

Courage looks lovely, wonderful finish. I think the berries look fine as they are and that's terrific progress.

Brigitte said...

Great for you to have another little sheep finish. And great for you to find the time to stitch a little bit every now and then. Not so easy with a little toddler who has just started to walk, lol.
Nice progress on Blackberry House.

Julie said...

Your brown sheep looks so lovely.

Emma Louise said...

Excellent finish! How many more have you got left to do in the series?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on a finish! Another sheepie for the collection.
The berries look fine to me, you can see there are two different colours in each one, there's enough contrast.

Heather said...

Great finish! I do think the berries are dark but they still look good!