Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Courage Sheep Update 9, and More on Blackberry House

Well, after an incredibly busy couple of months with me going to visit my sister and her new baby, and then having a few guests stay over at ours (first my mother, then my sister-in-law), I've finally got the house to myself. My husband just left last night on a business trip, and it's just going to be me and the baby for a week. I'll probably be stark raving mad by the end of it, but right now I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet...

And the stitching! I haven't had a lot of time to stitch, but I managed to carve out some to work on the new love of my life, Blackberry House by Plum Street Samplers.


This is my fun, relaxed, do-what-you-can stitch. There are so many little motifs in this piece, but I think I've made some decent progress since I last posted about it here.


I've also knocked out the obligatory stitches for the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Courage at 900 stitches. More work on the border, and I've started the wording on the bottom.


All right, that's all I've got today! Going to grab something to eat before baby wakes up from his nap.

Happy xxx's,

14 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Hope you enjoy your week. Great progress on both pieces, they look awesome.

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet little update Sarah!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Gorgeous stitching Sarah, both those projects are beautiful! Enjoy your peace and quiet!

Vickie said...

I hope you have a very nice week Sarah.
Blackberry House is so wonderful!

Julie said...

Blackberry house is looking nice, enjoy your quiet week.

Kerryp77 said...

Enjoy your peace. Your two stitching projects are coming on beautifully.

Linda said...

Lovely stitching Sarah. Enjoy your week.

Linda

Von said...

Sounds like a lovely week is ahead of you! Your stitching projects are looking great!

Bea said...

Enjoy the time to yourself. Very nice progress on both pieces.

Brigitte said...

It's great to have the house to oneself after a busy time, isn't it? And you have already stitched up a lot on your new project - without neglecting the others :) Enjoy your time!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

You've handled your change in life, your guests and your busy first few months beautifully. I must admit, when my husband leaves on business trip, I always relish a night or two/ a day or two to myself and then I'm ready for him to be back. Relish your quiet time and then I know you will be ready for him to be back :) Your stitching is beautiful!

Penny said...

You are off to a nice start on Blackberry House! Enjoy your peace and quiet. : )

Kaisievic said...

Blackberry House is coming along nicely, as is Courage.

Heather said...

Great progress!