Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Annual Exchange with Emma!

Emma (from Emma's Bloglet) and I had our 4th annual exchange, and this time we decided to do a Christmas in July theme. It was so much fun! This is what I made Emma:


I found this lovely pattern for a Christmas tree biscornu, took out a piece of 32-count Dark Cobblestone Lugana that I had in my stash, and stitched it with DMC Blanc. Then I attached tiny gold beads to the trees. I had to fiddle with the design a bit - I added that zigzag line around the design just to make it a little bigger.

I had to spoil her a little, of course, so I added a few more goodies: a Christmas edition of Leisure Arts magazine, a baggie of different red and green lace, a piece of Cork linen, a little Christmas manicure set, a piece of Camel Milk soap, and a magnet from Dubai! I didn't remember to take a photo before I shipped it all off, but Emma's got one on her blog.

And this is what she sent me:


A gorgeous London scarf, a piece of Christmas fabric, TWO Little House Needleworks charts (happy dancing! woot woot woot!), and this lovely little hanging that she stitched:


I love it all so much, Emma! Thank you! This was awesome fun. I can't wait for next year's exchange :D

Lots of love,

9 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Beautiful biscornu. Looks like you had a fab exchange.

Vickie said...

ooOoo! Wonderful! Such fun gifts you made and gave each other. :D

Kay said...

Thes are both gorgeous cross stitch gifts. x

Justine said...

Looks like a great exchange! Your finished pieces are both stunning.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great exchange. I love both the stitched items. I haven't stitched a Michael Powell yet but I do like his designs. I also haven't made a biscornu!

KimM said...

What a lovely exchange, Sarah.
xxx

Kaisievic said...

Such a lovely exchange, Sarah, my dear - you are both lucky girls. xxx

Penny said...

Lovely exchange all around! You did a wonderful job on the biscornu. : )

Heather said...

Wow adorable!