Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Peace Sheep Update 14, and the June Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

Wow, we've made it halfway through the year already! 2016 is just flying by in a whirl of diapers and long sleepless nights. Somehow it's the 15th of June, which means it's time for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL, Jo from Serendipitous Stitching's baby - we stitch on something that's been gifted to us through exchanges or giveaways, whether a pattern, kit, fabric, floss, whatever, and post on the 15th of the month.

For most of last year and this year, I was stitching on Prairie Schooler's Two By Two (you can see my last update post here). But I needed a new project, so I went digging through my stash. I've had to take out my shoehorn a bit! Last year my father saved himself a headache: he gave me money on my birthday and told me to buy whatever I wanted for myself. So I went on a stashing mission and bought a few things, including Plum Street Sampler's Party Tarts. This was technically a gift, so technically it fits right in with GG!


I'm stitching these with the recommended GAST colors. I think this project is appropriate, considering the elections coming up later this year. I'm hoping to get both tarts done by then - wish me luck!


I've also got my usual snail's-pace update on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Peace at 1400 stitches. All I've done is work on the border. There's only a tiny bit left, plus the body of the sheep, and then I'm done! Hopefully this will be a finish next week.




The first picture is more true to the color of the fabric. This keeps happening with my camera - it washes out all the colors. Oh well!

Lots of love,

16 comments:

KimM said...

Lovely stitching. I've never seen the party tarts. These are adorable.
xxx

Judith Makes said...

beautiful stitching, love your new start

Mii Stitch said...

Enjoy your tarts "baking" Sarah :)
Great projects to be working on!

Vickie said...

Those Party Tarts are pretty neat Sarah. :)

Heather said...

Great progress! I love how peace is coming out. The colors are beautiful

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely to see peace so close to a finish. Your new start is great. Plum street charts are really nice

Linda said...

Nice progress Sarah and great start.

Linda

Julie said...

Lovely post for this months GG

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. With a baby the days are long but the weeks are quick!

Great work on both pieces this month.

Justine said...

Lovely stitching on both pieces. I wish my Dad gave me stash money! You chose a really pretty chart.

Wendy said...

The sheep is coming along nicely!

Penny said...

Nice progress on your new start, Sarah! Hopefully, somewhere in the whirl of diapers and sleepless nights you will get a few moments here and there to work on this. : )

Mouse said...

the sleepless nights will disapear one day ...lol well done on the stitching front though and your dads gift works for me ...
the colours wash out on the photos depending what is near the said peice you are photographing ... the right colour had the chart in to bounce colour off ... hope that sort of helps a bit ...lol love mouse xxxx

Elfie said...

Lovely stitching.

Kaisievic said...

Two great new projects, my dear. How is the controlled crying with bubs coming along?

Brigitte said...

A beautiful new project, Sarah, and I think just perfect for the GG SAL. It's a gift, you just were choosing it.
Nice progress on your sheep project. And believe me, the nights will become better ...