Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Peace Sheep Update 12, and Some Serious, Unnecessary Stashing

Hello from the land of no sleep! Sleep training is still under way, and some days I feel like we're making real progress, and other days I feel like I'm just torturing the poor baby. Last night was definitely the latter. I need to remind myself what the big picture is, but it's really hard at 4 am when none of us have had any sleep...

On to happier topics! My husband finally got around to buying me the second half of my birthday gift (my birthday's in December, but we were just a tad busy with the new baby!) Here it is:


This is the Brother Innovis 55P! Now, I wasn't exactly in a hurry to get this, so there was zero nagging. It's not like I have a lot of time on my hands! In fact, this beauty has been sitting on my desk for a week now, and all I've done is taken it out of the box.

And then I placed an order on 123 Stitch. I've got three different projects in my stash that I'd like to start sometime this year (ha ha! We'll see if that happens!) and I needed the floss and fabric for them:


One of the projects is going to be my new start for Gifted Gorgeousness, so stay tuned!

Finally, some stitching. I've got a little more done on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Peace at 1200 stitches. Stitching this at a snail's pace! Tiny bit more on the border (I hate stitching borders, so I'm doing this a little at a time) and I've finished the word "Peace" along the top.


Happy xxx's!

13 comments:

KimM said...

Oh HAPPY DANCE is in order - look at that spanking new sewing machine! Awesome - and Kudos to DH ;0)
lovely progress on your stitching - and what great new stash!!
xxx

Mii Stitch said...

Great birthday toy and stash Sarah.
I hope you will find a bit of free time to play with it ;)

Julie said...

Nice new sewing machine and stash.

craftingpaws said...

Great stash and wonderful new sewing machine!
Your stitching is looking really wonderful!

Linda said...

Nice progress and great sewing machine Sarah.

Linda

Emma Louise said...

I can't wait to see what you make with your sewing machine! The overlocker I bought arrived yesterday but can't play with it until later on today so all I've managed to do is take it out of the box :/

That red fabric is gorgeous!

Kerryp77 said...

Ooh lovely stash. Curious to see the new projects too. Peace is looking fab

Penny said...

Unnecessary stashing - what is that? :) You have some lovely fabrics and threads there! And what a wonderful birthday present! The no sleep stage is tough - hope the sleep training works soon!

Heather said...

Great stash and stitching!

Brigitte said...

Oh Sarah, your new sewing machine looks just gorgeous. In the beginning they are a bit intimidating but after a while you can't do without them.
Great new stash haul.

Justine said...

I love borders! Yours is looking great. Love this series.
Great birthday present!
Hang in there with the lack of sleep, it does get easier.

Judith Makes said...

great Birthday present, the sheep are so cute

Lulu said...

Hooray for your new sewing machine! I mostly only use mine on cross stitch finishes...