Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peace Sheep Update 8, and the April Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

I know I'm a couple of days late with this, but it's been pretty busy around here. My mother-in-law's still staying with us, and we're leaving to Japan next Friday, and I haven't even started getting ready for our trip! Anyway, better late than never, as they say...

The Gifted Gorgeousness SAL is Jo from Serendipitous Stitching's baby - we stitch on something that's been gifted to us through exchanges or giveaways, whether a pattern, kit, fabric, floss, whatever, and post on the 15th of the month.

For most of last year I was working on Prairie Schooler's Two By Two, gifted to me in an exchange with Emma from Emma's Bloglet a couple of years ago (you can see my last update here). I've finished the ark, the camels, and the zebras. Here's my latest installment on the project:


I've finished one of the elephants! This little guy took me a longer to stitch, but that's really because of the chaos in my house right now. There's a companion elephant I still need to stitch (there has to be two of each animal, after all!).


Here's all four pieces together:


I'm also a week late on my Little Sheep Virtues SAL, but I'm trying to catch up. Hopefully I can get another update in before our trip. Here's where I am now:


This is now 800 stitches on Peace. More on the border, and I've finished the grass and started on the water. Unfortunately, I've run out of a few colors now, so I need to find time to pass by my LNS. Maybe I'll convince my MIL to take a trip out there with me...


Lots of love,

16 comments:

Vickie said...

Looks so great Sarah! I hope you have a super time in Japan!

Kerryp77 said...

Have a wonderful, safe trip. The elephant looks fab and I do love the virtues series.

Heather said...

Beautiful progress have fun in your trip!

cucki said...

Have fun in your trip
Lovely stitches x

Linda said...

I'm loving your PS set. I have those charts and need to start them. Your sheep looks great Sarah.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thank you for taking part in GG this month.

The elephant is so cute, well done on finding any time to stitch at all!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Lovely stitching, best wishes for a wonderful trip!

Lynne Frankham said...

I love that elephant, and your other projects. I hope you hav ed a safe and enjoyable holiday in Japan.

Lynne Frankham said...

I love that elephant, and your other projects. I hope you hav ed a safe and enjoyable holiday in Japan.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this little elephant is so sweet. I love this chart very much. And the animals are certainly a faster stitch than the ark. Nice progress on your sheep project.
Have a great time in Japan.

Mii Stitch said...

The elephant is really cute!! Great stitching.

Justine said...

Lovely stitching Sarah. Hope you have a safe trip and find time to pick up your missing threads before you set off!

Penny said...

I love the newest addition to your ark! And with a new baby, a visitor and a trip to plan for I think you have accomplished quite a lot. : ) Nice progress on the sheep - hope you can get the colors you have run out of. Hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful time in Japan!

Julie said...

Have a safe trip.
Elephant is so sweet

Kaisievic said...

Love the elephant and I hope that you get to your LNS before your Japan trip - which should be wonderful - have you been there before?

Stitching Noni said...

Love your elephant! Great stitching progress update :o)
Have a wonderful trip to Japan
Hugs xx