Sunday, April 10, 2016

Peace Sheep Update 7, and a Knitting Roadblock

Whew! My mother-in-law's in town, and while it's always nice to have help with the baby, it's definitely been keeping me busy. And my husband has decided that he wants us to go back with her to Japan to see his dad, who couldn't come here and still hasn't seen the baby. It's a lovely sentiment, but it means we'll be traveling in less that two weeks and I'm not at all ready!!!

So you can see why I missed my update post last week. Here's what I've been up to:

More knitting!


I put in a couple more stripes into the baby blanket I'm making for my sister. And I've officially run out of yarn. I don't know what happened with my calculations, but I totally overestimated the amount I had. The yarn has been discontinued (just my luck!) but I found someone on Ravelry who has some, so I'm just waiting for it to get here...


Also, a bit more progress on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is now 700 stitches on Peace. More stitching on the border, and I'm nearly done with the grass!


That's all I've got today!

Big hugs,


13 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh dear. I am sorry you are stressed Sarah. I am glad you found the yarn.

Kerryp77 said...

Oh my that's a lot of organising to do. The blanket is looking lovely. Glad you managed to source some more yarn. I'm enjoying watching the sheep grow.

Ariadne said...

A trip to Japan with a baby!Wow!That would be interesting!AriadnefromGreece!

Julie said...

The blanket does look pretty, knitter and stitchers are such helpful people in a mini crisis.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Japan! How exciting, this will be one well-travelled baby!

Justine said...

You have been busy - stitching, knitting and visitors!

Linda said...

Nice progress on both Sarah.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet knitting progress and lovely stitching update too.

Penny said...

The blanket is coming along nicely - very pretty! I'm glad you could locate more yarn. Nice progress on your SAL and it's always a good thing to be done with the grass. Not my favorite thing to stitch. : )

Heather said...

Beautiful progress!

Brigitte said...

Your knitting has progressed a lot, and you could even put in some stitches on your sheep project.
I hope the trip to Japan won't be too stressful for you and the baby. I'm sure that everything will go smoothly.

Debbie said...

Love the blanket and great progress with the needlework. I hope your trip to Japan won't be too stressful for you. Take care. Debbie x

The Eskimo's Wife said...

Very nice! I especially like the sheep. Have fun on your trip!