Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Peace Sheep Update 6, and Some Baby Knitting

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well. We have a few days of calm here - my mother has gone back home, and my mother-in-law's due to arrive next Saturday. So it's a bit of quiet now, but it won't last long!

I can't remember if I've mentioned this, but one of my sisters is pregnant. She's due in August and she's having a girl, so my little one is going to have a cousin! He's the first grandbaby for both families, but my parents are going to get their second grandbaby really soon.

As soon as I found out she was having a girl, I got out my knitting needles and went rummaging through my yarn stash. I found a couple of skeins of this lovely yarn from Loops & Threads called Charisma Baby and off I went:


I'm doing a simple stockinette stitch in stripes, using Coral and Cotton Candy. It's coming along really well, and it's nice to be knitting again!


I also got a little stitching done on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is now 600 stitches on Peace. I've done more on the border (borders are the most boring part for me, so I'm doing it a bit at a time), finished the tree, and I've started on the grass.


Happy xxx's,

14 comments:

Linda said...

Love the colors of the blanket and nice progress on the sheep Sarah.

Linda

Annie said...

Love your knitting:) It's so relaxing to knit, isn't it!

Vickie said...

Oh how wonderful that your sister is expecting! That is some great knitting Sarah.

Cathy said...

I also love the colors in the blanket. It's nice that your son will have a cousin near his age.

Heather said...

Awesome progress I love the white yarn! It reminds me of funfetti frosting!

Kaisievic said...

This is going to be such a pretty blanket for your niece. Glad that you got some more stitching done on Peace.

Mii Stitch said...

Cotton candy looks so sweet with the little splash of colours there & there :)
Lovely progress on your little sheep project.

Justine said...

Lovely bright colours in your knitting, how sweet that your little one will have a cousin!
Pretty sheep stitching too. I like stitching borders! Nothing quite like that feeling when they meet up.

Emma Louise Brown said...

Those colours are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished article.

KimM said...

The blanket colors are so sweet, Sarah. How exciting to know a new little one is coming soon! Your little sheep pattern is coming along nicely. Take care
xxx

Brigitte said...

Nice progress on your sheep stitching.
So great that a little cousin for your son is underway. The blanket you started knitting looks so gorgeous. I love these colours a lot.

Julie said...

Lovely knitting and stitching

Penny said...

A little girl to knit for - what fun! :) And it looks so pretty! That little sheep is going to be so cute.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A niece, how lovely. Cousins can be great friends even if they live far apart.

Nice work on the knitting and the sheep too.