Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Peace Sheep Update 5, and Some Wishful Thinking!

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful week. My mother's still visiting for another couple of days. It's been so wonderful having her here. She gets to bond with the baby, and I get to learn a bunch of new tips and tricks.

I was a little naughty recently and bought a few stash items. God only knows why. I barely have time to shower, let alone start new projects! A person can dream, can't they?


So first I bought these gorgeous Tilda doll-making kits off eBay. I've never made a doll in my life, but these are so cute, and the instructions seem straight-forward enough!


And then I went and bought a Moda Jelly Roll set in Joyeux Noel, which I think is so pretty. I have a vague idea of what I want to do with them, but I don't anticipate it happening any time soon.

I just barely managed to get 100 stitches done on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Peace at 500 stitches now. I made a little progress on the border and on the tree.


Lots of love,

14 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Love Tilda dolls, have so many of those books but haven't made any yet. Well done on getting some stitching in.

Mii Stitch said...

Pretty little crosses Sarah!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Those Tilda Dolls are darling...good luck!
And Jelly rolls always a good investment!
Peace is looking awesome ;)
I understand about the no-showering feeling and no-time feeling....it gets better as they get older. 6 months...that is the golden time :) they find their hands and can sit up and everything grabs their attention and I used to sit my twins in their walkers in the bathroom and fill their toy tray with toys and have the shower of my dreams until they threw all their toys on the floor :)

Vickie said...

What pretty new stash Sarah. So glad you are having a great time with your mother.

Ariadne said...

A friend of mine just recently took Tilda lessons and her dolls are amazing!Oh I so want to make my own too!AriadnefromGreece!

Emma Louise Brown said...

Lovely! I have the Tilda Seaside book which has a doll in...I'd like to do the whale project inside of it but haven't gotten around to even picking out the fabric for it :)

Linda said...

Great new stash and stitching Sarah.

Linda

Julie said...

The doll pattern looks so adorable.
Nice stitching!

Heather said...

Great progress and stash :) You'll get to it soon enough!

Brigitte said...

Your new stash looks so great, Sarah. I'm totally fond of Jelly Rolls and have a couple of them in my stash, too. I don't know what I will do with them but they looks so gorgeous.

Kerryp77 said...

The dolls look great, I'm sure you'll love making them. Peace is growing nicely. The virtues series use such lovely colours

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's nice that you are managing a few stitches here and there!

Clare said...

Tilda Dolls are so lovely. I have one and she`s a work in progress.:)
Keep on with your little sheep,I so enjoy mine in their basket. A jelly roll is always useful and a lovely with `Christmas theme. Happy Stitching.

Kaisievic said...

How lovely to have your Mum visit, Sarah, my dear - and look, you did manage to get 100 stitches done! Good luck with the Tilda dolls, lovely project to look forward to doing.