Sunday, December 13, 2015

And a Monkey Peeks Out!

Welcome, all! Yes, I'm still here. I'm 38 and a half weeks along now, I just saw my doctor yesterday, and we're on the home stretch now. Really trying not to think about it (or panic about it!) - I'm just taking it a day at a time, getting my hospital bag ready, making sure I've got everything we'll need for the baby...

Which includes the baby sampler! I'm still not done, but I've got a lot of time on my hands these days, so I have hope that I'll be able to finish it. So since last week, it looked like this first:


Then it looked like this:


And now it looks like this:


Yep, I finally managed to pick up the DMC floss I'd run out of to complete the orange dots on the giraffe. I've started stitching the sun in the corner and the monkey, made progress on the brown frame, and finished the blue frame in the middle and the branch the monkey will be swinging on. So happy with the way this is turning out!

Lots of love,


9 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so excited for you! Your sampler is adorable as always :). I'm sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs :)

Justine said...

Lots of good wishes coming from me too! Both your projects are doing well!
Your little sampler looks so cute. Will you have a ton of backstitch to do or is it finished except for the monkey? It's such a fresh design and perfect for a nursery.
Good luck and enjoy the last few days of your pregnancy.

Brigitte said...

Your baby sampler is coming along great, and like you it is on the home stretch now :) Maybe you manage to finish it before the baby comes. How exciting ...

Vickie said...

Oh Sarah, it looks like you just may get the sampler done before baby. You never know. ;)

Emma Louise Brown said...

I'm sure you'll get it finished :) I'm excited for you!

the Fairy Stitcher said...

this design is very cute, youre almost finished ♥

Mii Stitch said...

Good luck with the last few days of your pregnancy.
I hope you will have time to finish the sampler before you baby arrive... then there will be no time for stitching for a little while :)

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

It is darling Sarah! and I wish you much good luck in the last few days of pregnancy! FUN DAYS AHEAD!!

Penny said...

Exciting times coming soon. :) And it looks like you are almost finished with your baby sampler ~ it is so cute!