Monday, November 30, 2015

Stashing Confessions, and the Giraffe Shoots Up!

Hello, hello! I hope all my American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving this past week. It was pretty quiet in our house - just my mother, my sisters, and a TON of food! We got all dressed up, decorated the house, cooked, ate, and then sat ourselves on the sofa to watch some football. A perfect day, if you ask me!

I've been stitching away on the baby sampler. Since I finished my Gratitude sheep last week, I've been able to dedicate my full time and attention on this one piece. First it looked like this:


And then like this:


And now like this:


The giraffe has grown a lot since last week. Unfortunately, I've completely run out of DMC 720, which I was using for those orange spots, so I'm going to have to work on other bits until I can make it out to a needlework store.

Speaking of needlework stores, since I've been here I've discovered the most amazing LNS I've ever been in! The ones I had in Dubai were okay, but they concentrated mostly on quilting and other crafts, usually with a tiny cross-stitching section, sometimes just a rack of DMC. I had to mail-order most of my supplies. Which is why walking into the Stitch & Frame Shop was like heaven! I went a little nuts...


I bought the next two Little Sheep Virtues I wanted to stitch, Peace and Courage, along with their respective buttons and some of the 28 ct. Coffee Jobelan I've been stitching the series on.


I also bought two Plum Street Samplers charts. I've never stitched a PSS design before, but these two caught my eye. The colors on Blackberry House are gorgeous! And the Party Tarts are just adorable. I checked the back for the finishing details and bought the same tart tins to finish them.


I treated myself to a new pair of scissors, some pretty purple marbleized ones from DMC. And I picked up two random pieces of fabric after poking through their sale basket. Who doesn't need some extra fabric, I ask you?

Happy xxx's!

10 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Fantastic progress. Lots of great stash too.

Steph said...

Looking good. Lots of lovely goodies too :) XOX

Linda said...

Love your new stash Sarah.

Linda

Justine said...

I think you were very restrained! The baby sampler is looking gorgeous. I love giraffes.

Vickie said...

Good for you. How fun. I love sale baskets of linen. I always snatch some up.

Heather said...

Yay new stash! I love fabric :). Your stitching is gorgeous lol it's too bad you didn't run out of thread before you went to the store! Happens to me all the time

Wendy said...

Everybody needs extra fabric! I've never been to a LNS so that must have been fun. The sampler is coming along.lovely!

Mii Stitch said...

The little sampler is coming along really nicely & great new stash!!!

Penny said...

Nice progress on your baby sampler! And wow...you brought home some wonderful things! Ordering things by mail is convenient, but not nearly as good as seeing everything in person. I'm afraid I always go a little overboard too. :)

Brigitte said...

Getting to a real cross stitch store is always an adventure for me, too. There aren't any in my area, I even have to mail order DMC threads, lol. You were buying great stash, Sarah, and once you are back home you will be glad that you have these wonderful extra pieces of fabric.