Monday, October 12, 2015

Gratitude Sheep Update 4 and a Turtle Start

Welcome, my lovelies! I'm typing this up after a long day. For the second time since I've been in the States, we went out to the east coast of North Carolina to visit my grandmother. We used to stay with my grandparents every summer, so it's not just a nice family visit, it's like a trip down memory lane. The problem is, now that we're in Charlotte, which is on the other side of the state, it takes about 5 hours to drive there and another 5 hours to drive back. We headed out Friday morning and just got back now, Sunday night, and I am exhausted.

Anyway, you didn't come to hear me gripe, you came to see some stitching! First off, my baby sampler is coming along:


I got bored stitching all that beige and green, so I moved on over and started stitching the frame for the turtle, which is a blend of two colors: DMC 824 and 826. Again, I'm not doing the background stitching. Don't want to crowd the animals!


And here's an update on my Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Gratitude at 800 stitches. Yep, nothing to see here, folks, just more of that border. I swear, once I'm done with this series, I'm never stitching another border again!


Big hugs,

8 comments:

Heather said...

They're looking great! I can definitely see where the borders would be boring!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Gorgeous stitching Sarah! I agree with you on borders, a necessary evil lol!

Vickie said...

Looks like you are getting plenty of stitching time in. Glad to hear all is well with you.

Brigitte said...

So nice that you made it visiting your grandmother. She certainly was more than happy to see you.

You made some nice progress on both your pieces. I think I wouldn't stitch the background either on your baby project.

Linda said...

Great progress on both of them Sarah.

Linda

Justine said...

Lovely progress! That sounds like a gruelling journey...

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet progress on both projects :)

Steph said...

Great progress. I hope you got some rest. Take care of you XOX