Monday, October 5, 2015

Gratitude Sheep Update 3 and Lion Issues

Hello, hello! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We spent most of it hiding indoors, prepared for Hurricane Joaquin. We had A LOT of rain and wind, and quite a few people had trees crash into their houses or cars or power lines. Several roads were completely impassable with all the flooding, but thankfully it looks like the actual storm is just going to head into the Atlantic, away from us. Yay!

The weather's been perfect for stitching. I just curled myself up on the couch, switched on the TV, and stitched away. I've made a lot of progress on my baby sampler:


The lion is really starting to come together. I'm using DMC, not the Dimensions thread that came with the kit. I used the conversion chart on Cyber Stitchers, and I am NOT happy with the conversion for his mane. It's way too red. I'm going to stitch the rest of his body and see if I change my mind, or if I'm going to have to buy a more maroon color.


I've also done some stitching on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Gratitude at 600 stitches. Nothing incredibly exciting, just stitching and filling in the border. Borders are never my favorite part of any design. Does anyone enjoy stitching them?


Happy xxx's!

10 comments:

Heather said...

You've made good progress I'm glad you're safe! If you do need another color I suggest taking the piece in with you to compare. Good luck!

Vickie said...

Glad all is well. Isn't it great to have DMC readily available to you?!

Kerryp77 said...

Might be worth looking and swing there are any other Dimensions to dmc conversions. I've found with anchor to dmc there can be some variations. Gratitude is looking lovely. It's surprising how much difference 200 stitches can make. I don't mind borders sometimes. I like to stitch when I'm out and about so sometimes stitching something that repeats with limited colour changes can be a blessing.

Justine said...

Both your pieces look lovely. I like stitching borders when I'm troubled about something. I can let my mind wander but still have the calm that comes from stitching. Hope you stay safe in the terrible weather!

Emma Louise Brown said...

Glad the storm won't hit you. Stay safe!

Linda said...

Nice progress Sarah. I don't mind stitching borders.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Really lovely updates Sarah :)

Kaisievic said...

Good to hear that you and your family are safe. Borders can be okay to do if you get into a rhythm with them, I find. Great stitching on both projects, Sarah.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress on the baby sampler. Conversion charts are alright but there's nothing better than having the colours in front of you.

I'm not a fan of borders either. I quite often stitch over one so I can do the border over two but it's much smaller in size LOL

Steph said...

Great stitching. Glad you are all safe and sound. XOX