Sunday, September 6, 2015

Love Sheep Update 7 and Liberty Belles is Officially Done!

Hi from North Carolina! I made it halfway around the world, safe and sound. The wedding tour went well, all things considered. Every wedding has its little hiccups, right? Jordan was insanely hot and we had no AC where we were staying - not great with my pregnancy hot flashes! London was chilly and raining, which I loved, it was such a refreshing change. And now I'm in the USA with my family, enjoying the beginning of fall.

I did do some stitching before I left Dubai that I haven't shared yet. I wanted to finish as much as possible so I wouldn't have to take it all around the world with me, so here's a finish-finish on Liberty Belles:


I finished it off as a little pillow using this lovely red fabric from my stash, and added some white lace to the border. It turned out smaller than I expected! Here it is with the rest of my Americana finishes:



The other two, both quite bigger, are from Bent Creek kits, and they all happen to be gifts from the wonderful Shirlee of The Easily Influenced Stitcher. Can't wait to add more to this little collection!

And here is an update on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL we've been doing:


Love is done! Isn't it sweet? I stitched the bodies of the sheep with Wisper thread, as usual, but I changed the color of the one on the right to black, just to change things up a bit. I love black sheep, and I think they look really cute like this. I attached the flower button too.


Thanks for passing by!

Lots of love,

12 comments:

Heather said...

Cute finish! Welcome to the states lol hopefully it's not too hot wherever you are I couldn't imagine being pregnant in that heat!

Steph said...

Beautiful finish. love n hugs XOX

Linda said...

Lovely finishes Sarah.

Linda

Vickie said...

Oh the little black sheep turned out perfect Sarah.
I am glad you are here in the States safe and sound. Getting all situated with a doctor and such?

Justine said...

Gorgeous stitching Sarah! I love the red fabric and lace you used to finish Liberty Belles.
Hope you're enjoying some cooler autumn weather in the States!

Mii Stitch said...

Adorable finish on Liberty Belles!! All the accessories are perfect match to the colours of the designs. Really sweet!

Pull the other thread said...

Beautiful little cushion finish! Love looks wonderful as well, really like that little back sheep change.

Brigitte said...

So nice to read that everything went well with your travelling and that you arrived safely at your family's place. I can easily imagine how pleased you must have been with the cool weather in London.

Your little Americana pillows are all so pretty. Nice finishing on all or them. And congrats on your latest finish.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Love the finishes Sarah, Liberty Belles is gorgeous! I hope you are having fun on your travels, glad you've arrived Stateside safe and sound!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great little pillows and a lovely pair of sheep too.
Are you staying in the States to have the baby? You didn't fancy prolonging your stay in the UK then? LOL

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful stitching and finishing, Sarah, so glad that you are having a wonderful trip. Don't forget to let me know when you are back home and I will send you that pattern.

Wendy said...

They're both lovely! I'm glad the wedding tour went well and that you enjoyed our lovely climate while you were in England!