Sunday, September 20, 2015

Gratitude Sheep Update 1 and Some Baby Stitching

Wow, I can't believe I've already been in the States more than two weeks! That seriously just flew by. I'm also officially six months pregnant now, which I can't believe. Only one trimester to go! The bump is steadily growing, and baby is trying to set the world record for the most active fetus in history. He's constantly tossing and turning in there, and I'm pretty sure he was learning how to tango yesterday.

To celebrate being six months along, I've decided to start stitching his baby sampler. My mother gifted me with a kit a couple of years ago (gee, you think she was hinting at something?) and I've brought it with me to stitch up. Here's my start:


This is Savannah Birth Record by Dimensions. I'm not using any of the materials it came with, though. I've changed the fabric to a piece of 32 count Ivory Belfast linen, and I'm using DMC threads instead. I found a great Dimensions-to-DMC conversion chart here. I just like the texture of DMC better, and the knowledge that if I run out of a color, I can just run out and get some more.



We've also started the next sheep of Little House Needleworks' Little Sheep Virtues. Again, these are not in any particular order at all, so this next sheep is actually Gratitude:


This is the first 200 stitches. Not a bad start, right? I love the colors on this piece, so perfect for fall. I'm stitching this on 28 count Coffee Jobelan with DMC threads, like I did with the other sheep.


If anyone would like to join in this SAL, to stitch one sheep or all of them, please feel free. It's the most relaxed SAL ever, so you can follow along with Lija and I and our 200 stitches a week, or you can do your own thing!

Big hugs,

13 comments:

Rita E in AZ said...

That's one of my favorite birth records so I am excited to follow your progress.

Justine said...

Congratulations on your third trimester! I loved stitching my first son's birth sampler (took me 5 years to stitch the second!) Your mum chose a lovely design.

Heather said...

Congrats on being six months along! Time is going by fast! I adore the baby announcement the animals are so cute. Enjoy:)

Ariadne said...

Your baby sampler is so beautiful! I just remembered so many years ago when I stitched my baby's at times when baby samplers were not in fashion here at all!AriadnefromGreece!

Vickie said...

What a special baby sampler.

Emma Louise Brown said...

They are coming along beautifully :)

Mii Stitch said...

Great new starts!!! The sampler will make a lovely keepsake :)

Lija Broka said...

Well done on the progress! I need to still upload mine, so you'll need to bare with me while I try to do it via my phone over the next few days (no internet until October at the earliest... I just hate moving). The sampler is cute! Have you though of a finish for it yet? Or wait and see?

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely sampler and i like the colours I've gratitude. Congratulations on hitting the 6months mark, I'm glad it's all good going smoothly

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Six months along already! So exciting, a baby in another three months! Woo Hoo! Great birth sampler and lovely progress on Gratitude. xoxo

Isabella Morais said...

I love baby stitching :D I've been missing for so long that I didn't know that u are pregnant!

First of all, congrats my friend!I wish you all of the best in the world! You are just a sweet person!

Lots of kisses from Brazil!

Brigitte said...

This littlebaby sampler you are stitching on right now looks so sweet. I'm sure you enjoy every stitch on it.
Nice start of the next sheep.

Steph said...

Nice progress.Sending you lots of happy hugs XOX