Sunday, September 27, 2015

Gratitude Sheep Update 2 and More on the Baby Sampler

Hi, everyone! I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the first few days of fall. It's been raining steadily here for the last three days, and our windows are open so we can enjoy the gorgeous breeze blowing through.

My needles have been busy, busy, busy! I started my baby's sampler last week, and I've been enjoying it so much. Here's where I am now:


Maybe it's the fabric, or the vibrant colors, or the fact that it's a special piece, but I'm just loving it. I'm focusing on the lower right corner at the moment, with the lion. I've decided I'm not going to be doing the background stitching on any of the squares, it's just too much color. I'd rather focus on all the other great details in this piece.


Also, I've got an update on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Gratitude at 400 stitches. This one seems to be stitching up really quickly. I've finished the garland of acorns and fall leaves along the top, and I've already started on the border.


Lots of love,

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Glad you are doing well and enjoying yourself Sarah. I see the book you are reading. Good for you. I breastfed all three of our children for the first year each.

Kaisievic said...

Great stitching progress on both pieces, Sarah, your baby sampler is going to be so cute when it is finished.

Heather said...

Great progress! I agree with keeping the background color out I think it will be more cohesive that way.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely progress on the sampler!!

Justine said...

Great progress on your pretty baby sampler! It's such a special time waiting for baby to arrive. I remember stitching away the last few weeks trying to get my huge sampler finished. Of course baby number 2 was almost 5 when he got his sampler!
I love those sheep too, the autumn colours are so pretty.

Brigitte said...

You made some great progress on your baby sampler. This design is so pretty and it's certainly also the fact that it's for your baby that makes it so enjoyable for you :)

Emma Louise Brown said...

They're both coming along lovely!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Your baby sampler is just adorable and I always love to see your little sheep pieces 💜!

KimM said...

Your baby sampler is adorable. Lovely progress. The time will pass quickly...
xxx