Sunday, August 16, 2015

Love Sheep Update 6 and the August Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing wonderfully. This is my last week before we head out, so I've been busy, busy, busy. I still need to pack, clean the house, do all the laundry, buy some last-minute things, visit my doctor one last time... The list goes on and on and on. The good news is, the list is considerably shorter than it was last week!

All right, it's August 15th, so it's time for a Gifted Gorgeousness SAL update! This is Jo from Serendipitous Stitching's baby - we stitch on something that's been gifted to us through exchanges or giveaways, whether a pattern, kit, fabric, floss, whatever, and post on the 15th of the month (because it's 2015).

For the last few months I've been working on Prairie Schooler's Two By Two, gifted to me last year in an exchange with Emma from Emma's Bloglet (you can see my last update here). This is what it looks like now:


This is at 2400 stitches now, believe it or not. The ship is really coming along, albeit slowly and surely. I've finally started on the bottom part (I'm certain these different parts have proper names, but not being a sailor or a sailor's wife, I don't have a clue what they are!)


I've also got an update on my Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Love at 1200. FINALLY finished the border! Whew!


I've already started on the first little sheep. Trying to figure out how to stitch the second one - I've decided to make one white with a brown face and legs, like the model picture, and the other one will be black. But should his face and legs also be brown, or should I go with beige for contrast? What do you guys think?

Big hugs,

9 comments:

Wainwright and Wright.Co said...

Such cute patterns - and I love the colours too!
Caz xx

Emma Louise Brown said...

Lovely stitching! I think a beige for the face and legs would be a nice contrast :)

Vickie said...

The black sheep would not be all black?
I am sure the real ark took a loooooooooong time to build too. ;)

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely progress Sarah, I'm not sure on the sheep front. I'd say completely black

Linda said...

Great stitching Sarah.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The bottom part of a vessel is called the hull. I used to work in Marine insurance broking!

Your sheep are very cute, I would go for a beige face and legs myself. The border is lovely, worth all the time spent on it.

Justine said...

That border is so pretty! I would go for all black for the sheep.

Kaisievic said...

Great stitching, I quite like the idea of black with brown for the second sheep.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Your sheep and Noah's ark is looking fabulous!