Monday, August 10, 2015

Love Sheep Update 5, and the Never More Biscornu!

Hello from the sandpit! I swear this city could not possibly get hotter or more humid. It's more than 40 degrees C, which is more than 100 degrees F. Every day is a test in patience. Cars have literally been exploding in the heat. Just blowing up. Spontaneously. Thank goodness we've got covered parking!

On a less frustrating topic: I've got a finish to show for myself!


This is Never More, by Hands On Design and Just Another Button Company. I finished stitching it last week, and I just finished putting it together into a biscornu. Isn't it awesome? I love it!


I had to tweak the design a little bit. Last week I had backstitched the spiderweb in the middle of the square, but I decided the button should go in the middle so I pulled it out and did this on the back:


Just a quick, big spiderweb I whipped up. I saved one of the buttons for the back too. What do you guys think?

Some progress on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Love at 1000 stitches. The border is still plodding along...


I'm trying to get as much stitching done as possible before we leave. We've got about a week and a half left before my SIL's wedding tour. We'll be going to Jordan first, and then London, and then I'll be heading to the States to be with my mom. Still running around trying to get everything ready, but it's definitely coming along!

Happy xxx's,

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Sarah! Do take care in that awful heat!
What a wonderful tour you will be doing!
Where in the States?

Heather said...

Wow I've never heard of cars exploding before! Be careful! You've done some lovely stitching

Kaisievic said...

Sarah, you be careful in that heat - you have a little heater to keep you warm at all times now - lol! Love your biscornu, wonderful!

Rita E in AZ said...

What a wonderful finish you did with your biscornu.
Stay cool

Kerryp77 said...

Love the biscornu. Safe travels too

Ariadne said...

You will have long trips, that's great!Take care!AriadnefromGreece!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

That is hot!!! Your Biscornu looks amazing - the are addictive little things to stitch :). Have a fabulous time on your travels, sounds like you have a busy time ahead!

sew.darn.quilt said...

A lovely finish and beautiful progress. Enjoy your travels ")

Brigitte said...

I'm slowly catching up on blog reading as I have got so much behind for the last four weeks. Your Halloween biscornu looks really gorgeous, I like the idea of the spiderweb on the other side. Very creative.

More than 40° sounds threatening to me. I even don't function when the temperatures are over 30° like here at the moment.

I hope you will have some smooth and nice travelling.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Never More biscornu is lovely. The button looks perfect in the middle.

Enjoy the wedding tour too, it should be cooler here in England at least!

Justine said...

I love your biscornu! The changes you made are great. I've never heard of a wedding tour but it sounds like a good excuse to travel - hope it's cooler for you and you have plenty of rest time in between trips.

Steph said...

Nevermore looks fabulous, the button is awesome! <3 XOX