Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Love Sheep Update 2, One Finish, and One Finish-Finish!

Good grief, I'm late this week! I'm blaming it on pregnancy brain (I've been blaming A LOT of things on pregnancy brain). I'm about 17 and a half weeks along by now, and definitely starting to show! It's been so much fun - the crib and changing table have been delivered and assembled, and I've been window shopping for curtains and wallpaper. After a lot of debate, we've decided to go for a kind of animal safari theme for the nursery.

Oh, right, I forgot to share the news with you guys (see? pregnancy brain). We're having a boy!!! I seriously didn't expect it at all. My husband and I have three sisters EACH, so there's a lot of girls in our families. But I feel so blessed and excited!

Enough baby talk, let me show you guys some stitching. I finished Liberty Belles!


It still needs to be ironed out and finish-finished. I've stitched this two over one on 18-count Cork linen with DMC floss. Very happy to have this one done, because I did not enjoy this fabric at all!

I've also made some progress on my Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Love at 400 stitches. I forgot to mention last week (do you see a pattern here?) when I posted my start on this, that it was a gift from the wonderful Kaye at Kitten Stitching, who's also part of this SAL. Thanks again, Kaye!


AND I've got a finish-finish to share with you all!


This is Faith, which I finished a couple of weeks ago. I finished it off the same way I finished Simplicity, Hope, and Joyfulness. Here's the backing fabric I used:


And here are all four sheep together:


I'm so happy with them! They're all so cute and fluffy. I can't wait to add Love to the collection...

Happy xxx's,

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh, a precious son to love! How wonderful. We have two sons. :) And a daughter. ;)
I love that little, black sheep the best.

Linda said...

Lovely stitching and finishing Sarah.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful news - a son is lovely (and girls are gorgeous, too). Lovely finishing, everything is looking so pretty.

Heather said...

Aww I'm so excited for you! Your stitching is lovely :)

Mii Stitch said...

A little boy!! Lovely :)
Congrats on your finish, progress & finish-finish.
It all looks great Sarah.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Congratulations on having a little boy, he'll have all those aunties to spoil him! Love seeing your little sheep virtues together, they are beautifully finished!

gloria said...

Oooohh, they are simply lovely yours mini cushions, Sarah! and also very well finished! I love mini cushions to collect and show in a basket all together,

cheers
gloria

Justine said...

Congratulations! A son to even up numbers a bit. Bet you are both thrilled.
All your stitching is so lovely and I love how you've finished those sheep. Beautiful!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I have two boys! Both very different. The older one is a mini-me and the younger much more like his Daddy.
I love the idea of an animal theme for the Nursery too. I'm not a big fan of the blue-pink divide we have in the UK. I much prefer designs which can be handed down to the next baby! You are planning several? LOL

Anne said...

Yahpooooooo!!! So excited to hear of this news my dear Sarah!! Send me your address again and I can send you some little boy newborn sleepers. I'm so happy for you my dear. Love every moment and the brain doesn't get better...just worse with lack of sleep hehehe. Xoxox

KimM said...

How awesome!! Congratulations - I only had one child - a daughter - but I hear boy babies are easier….
lovely stitching -
xxx

Steph said...

How lovely! A boy, I am happy for you. Oh you can never have too much baby talk :) Beautiful stitching as always.Liberty Belles is so lovely! lots of hugs XOX