Sunday, June 7, 2015

Faith Sheep Update 5, and Some More Knitting!

Well, things are really coming together over here in the sandbox. We don't have any sofas yet (won't be delivered for another week) but everything else is in place. I'm MOST excited about the dining table - we were eating off the coffee table in our old apartment, that's how small it was.

I'm kind of racing to get the minimum ready, because my entire in-law family is going to be staying with us starting this Thursday. I guess that's what happens when you suddenly move into a bigger place...

Moving on to what you came here for. Some stitching has happened! Here's my update for the Little Sheep Vitures SAL:


Lija is taking a little break from this to focus on her upcoming exams, but I'm forging ahead. This is Faith at 1000 stitches now. I've gotten quite a bit done: the flowerpot and vines on the roof, the stars, the moon, and the word "Faith." I've also gotten a teeny tiny start on the border on the right.


My pretty little scarf has gotten some love this week too:


I've just barely started the second ball of yarn, and it's already 30 inches long. I originally cast on 50 stitches, so it's 9 inches wide. I'm enjoying this so much. I can just sit and mindlessly knit and purl in front of the TV.

Big hugs,

13 comments:

KimM said...

Pretty stitching and LOVE the scarf! The colors are very appealing to me. Good luck getting everything settled before guests arrive.
xxx

Justine said...

So glad you're settling in and already have visitors! Your stitching is lovely and the effect of that wool is gorgeous!

Vickie said...

Such a neat scarf!
How is that going to be? Having the whole in-law family? I hope good.

Linda said...

Nice progress on both Sarah.

Linda

cucki said...

Such a sweet scarf..I love it..
Beautiful stitching too x

Pull the other thread said...

Great progress on your stitching. That scarf is really lovely. The colours are beautiful.

Mii Stitch said...

Super progress on your wip, such a sweet design :)

Kaisievic said...

Great progress on both projects, the scarf is really coming along. How wonderful that you can now have family to stay.

Wendy said...

glad to hear you're enjoying the new house! The scarf is coming along lovely. Do you really need a scarf in Dubai though? Isn't it hot all year round?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the Sheepie designs.

How many in-laws are there? My hubby has 1 Mummy, 3 siblings, 7 nieces/nephews and four great nieces/nephews and if you add the spouses you would need rather a large house! We do host them for an afternoon at Christmas though!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Congratulations on your move to a new larger home! Having some hand stitching to work on can really help to calm things down for a bit.

I've been having a bit of a browse through your blog and I thought I'd mention that I host a weekly Stitchery Link Party for all things hand embroidered, including cross stitch and I would love to have you come link up this post. http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/06/15/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-10/ I do hope you'll come join in the fun.

Miamina said...

It looks great! You've been making great progress with the stitching and the beautiful knitting!

Brigitte said...

Great progress on both your projects.
It must be a wonderful feeeling to live at a much bigger place than before. I still can remember that feeling when we were moving from our apartment to our house. The first days I was just wandering from one room to the next, from one floor to the next, lol.