Friday, May 15, 2015

The May Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

It's May 15th, folks! It's 11:40 pm here, so I kind of left this to the last minute, didn't I? I've still got 20 minutes, let's see how fast I can put this post together!

All right, it's time for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL May edition! This is Jo from Serendipitous Stitching's baby - we stitch on something that's been gifted to us through exchanges or giveaways, whether a pattern, kit, fabric, floss, whatever, and post on the 15th of the month (because it's 2015).

A couple of months ago I chose to start Prairie Schooler's Two By Two, gifted to me last year in an exchange with Emma from Emma's Bloglet (you can see my last update here). Here's where I am now:


This is 1200 stitches already - I've been trying to get 400 stitches done a month, to make some decent progress. Super exciting progress! I've finished the bulk of the middle and have moved on to the roof, adding some incredibly cool brown to the beige and green. I'm kidding, I know it's not that exciting. Most of this pattern is just large blocks of the same dull colors, but it'll look really good when it's done!


I think I've made it! It's now 11:54. Six minutes left! Woohoo!

Happy xxx's,

16 comments:

Vickie said...

Woohoo is right! Great pattern.

Linda said...

Nice progress Sarah.

Linda

Heather said...

Lol made it in the nick of time. I would have missed mine but I'm on vacation and its two hours earlier here lol

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great work :-)

Justine said...

Very pretty Sarah. I imagine this is relaxing to stitch. I am working on a couple of brown things at the moment!

KimM said...

What a pretty pattern. Lovely
xxx

Elfie said...

Lovely progress.

Marie said...

This patten is on my to do list...but then again most PS designs are on my to do list!😊 you have made wonderful progress!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
Your Ark is looking great so far.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I love this chart and you have made good progress!

Kaisievic said...

I am sure it will look very lovely indeed, when it is finished.

Kerryp77 said...

Great progress! With minutes to spare

Brigitte said...

This is such a lovely book by PS. And you made some nice progress on your ark.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely progress Sarah

Melissa Jayne said...

I know how you feel about stitching the ark, I spent about five years on and off stitching a rather large version of the ark: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjI5/z/RAMAAMXQsmFRbYi3/$T2eC16V,!zUE9s38+COlBRbYi2r9gQ~~60_35.JPG
It is my pride and joy now, and the animals are just gorgeous, but the brown, upon brown, upon brown was a little tedious. Fortunately I enjoy backstitching, because there was a lot of that too!
Looking forward to seeing these stitched up :-)

Miamina said...

That looks awesome! Well done :)