Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What I've Been Stitching (4th - and last! - edition)

Wow, I haven't posted an update on this piece in a while! It's been nearly two months. And that's plenty of time to do some serious stitching, but there was very little left to do. You can see my last update on it here. And this is what it looks like now, all finished!


I was struggling to figure out what to stitch in the empty space over the sheep. Finally I settled on a flowering vine, using the same colors for the leaves and the flowers of the border along the top of the design.


I've already given it a nice bath and an iron, though it's still looking really wrinkly in these pictures. Definitely needs another date with the steamer!


Well, it's all done now. I'm so happy with the way it turned out! This has been such a labor of love for me, growing and changing for the last four months. I'm in no hurry to start another original, but you never know!

Happy xxx's,



20 comments:

Vickie said...

Hooray! You know I just adore the home. Great job.

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Sarah.

Linda

Emma Louise Brown said...

Lovely finish, will you be framing it?

Kerryp77 said...

Great finish you've done an brilliant job of designing it. The vine over the sheep works perfectly

Rita E in AZ said...

What a lovely finish for you.

Heather said...

Great job! I like the flowering vine and love the quote!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely creation Sarah!

KimM said...

This is just stunning! I love it!!! Well done.
Now - what will your next design be? ;0)
xxx

Ariadne said...

What a beauty it turned out!AriadnefromGreece!

Wendy said...

well done Sarah, it looks great! You made designing a sampler seem effortless but I think I'd struggle with it!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely work, Sarah - you have shown a real flair for designing! The flowering vine looks perfect.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Absolutely beautiful - I love the quote you chose and everything about it!

Miamina said...

Lovely finish! It must feel extra special knowing that it's something original that you have created. It's beautiful, well done :)

Justine said...

How talented! I love the vine on the side of the house, such a lovely touch. It's beautiful.

Mrs Love2Stitch said...

beautiful stitching

Lija Broka said...

It turned out very pretty!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your sampler looks lovely. The composition is very good, it looks nice and balanced. The flowering vine you added is perfect.

Brigitte said...

Oh, so wonderful, this finish. I have just finished watching Pride and Prejudice, so I am in a total Jane Austen mood ...

thegreytail said...

oh I remember that house when it was in the making!
I think it's gorgeous! what a happy happy dance!

Steph said...

Beautiful! It looks amazing. xox