Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Gingham Blanket is Done!

Whew! That took a while! I've been knitting this particular WIP since January, and I actually hadn't touched it in more than a month (you can see my last progress post here). I've been distracted by our Tokyo trip, finishing up my original design, working on some SALs...etc. But it's all done now, and I get to do my little finishing dance. Here it is:


I just added the fifth strip to the end. This is 50 inches long and 40 inches wide. Not huge, but a great size for a lap blanket or a couch throw. The three strips are knitted with Red Heart's Super Saver in Burgundy and their Super Saver in Cherry Chip. The two strips in between are knitted with their Super Saver in Buff and their Cherry Chip again. I was inspired by a Martha Stewart design you can see here, but I've adapted it a lot to suit the colors I wanted, the yarn, and the size.


Well, there it is! I'm actually going to miss working on this. It was so soothing to just watch TV and let your fingers do exactly the same motion again and again and again... I guess I'll have to find a new knitting project!

Lots of love,

14 comments:

Vickie said...

This is really neat. I love the looks of it!

Mouse said...

well you could always do a small one for me .. can't knit for toffee me ...lol one needle fine .. two needles forget it hahahah .....love mouse xxxx

Pull the other thread said...

So pretty and a great size. I find knitting can be very relaxing until I drop a stitch that is :-)

Justine said...

Gorgeous! Don't be tempted to the dark side aka knitting...Your cross stitch is too lovely!

Heather said...

Congrats it looks so cool and warm lol! I love the cherry chip squares.

Irene said...

congratulazioni รจ bellissima

thegreytail said...

that's beautiful! you must be so happy!
I want to learn how to knit but I'm chicken scared of what would happen to my stash if I did.. ;)

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finished little blanket. Will definitely be handy :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the super finish Sarah. The blanket turned out great and I love the color combo.

Linda

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Beautiful finish Sarah! I can't knit to save my life so am always amazed by anyone who can knit lol!

Lija Broka said...

It is gorgeous! I wonder what will be your next project. I am knitting a cardigan at the moment (though judging by the rate it takes me to knit it might take a few years).

Brigitte said...

Wow, it's looking gorgeous.

Anne said...

It's beautiful Sarah!! What a great accomplishment!!

Steph said...

It's so lovely! I really love the colours. XOX