Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Another Lovely Exchange with Lija

Lija (from Stitching in Crosses and More) and I decided to have another exchange this year. I sent off her package before I went on vacation, and by the time I came back hers was in the mailbox waiting for me! So, first, this is what I sent her:


I know how much she likes biscornus, and so I made her this one. It's a freebie pattern you can find here. I stitched it with the recommended DMC colors on rustic, oatmeal-colored 14-count Aida. I finished it off with some nice black-and-silver buttons.

I also sent her the March 2015 issue of Cross-Stitcher magazine, a scissor fob, some GAST and DMC floss, some antique wooden spools, a selection of teas, and a Dubai thimble.

And this is what Lija sent me:


Isn't it just perfect?! I love sheep! And the finishing is gorgeous. I'm going to need to find a special spot to hang it. She also sent me:


Some felt, ric-rac, Anchor threads, a notebook, eraser, ruler, sharpener, and a beautiful card.

Thank you so much, Lija! Can't wait to have another exchange with you!

Lots of love,

15 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

What a lovely exchange, your biscornu is beautiful. A fab parcel to receive. Exchanges are so much fun!

Vickie said...

What great care and effort the two of you put into this. Pretty.

Linda said...

Lovely exchange Sarah.

Linda

Ariadne said...

A beautiful exchange!AriadnefromGreece!

Justine said...

Lovely gifts you made for each other. Your biscornu is really striking and I love the cute sheep hanging! Exchanges are lots of fun.

Mrs Xstitch said...

beautiful work ♥

Brigitte said...

Oh, what a great exchange this was. I love both exchange pieces.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

What a beautiful exchange you both had!

√Čva said...

Beautiful exchange !

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely exchange. The biscornu is so pretty, I've never tried making one myself.
I also like the ric rac trim in the pillow Lija made, very pretty design and finish.

Steph said...

Oh my gosh! that is such a beautiful exchange! I love the biscornu and that little sheep stitch is so sweet. xox

Lulu said...

You always make the most beautiful biscornu Sarah!

Mii Stitch said...

Well all in all it was a lovely exchange :) Both your stitched pieces look superb!

Miamina said...

That's so sweet! You both have received such lovely stitched items as well :)

thegreytail said...

lucky you! that's so nice and of course, gotta love the sheep!