Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Little Token of Gratitude

So a while ago I said I was going to take a break from the Sheep SAL we've been doing because I had to wait for the next few charts to reach me through the lovely international shipping process. I have since (finally!) received my package and we've commenced the SAL (see here). But before that happened, Kaye (from Kitten Stitching) was sweet enough to actually send me the next Little House Needleworks Little Sheep Virtues, Love! Here it is, with a beautiful card she added:


This actually reached me a couple of weeks ago - sorry, Kaye! I'm finally getting around to posting about it now. It just completely slipped my mind, what with everything going on here. But I had to share this. I could not believe that Kaye was sweet enough to send this to me, expecting nothing back, in the middle of what was a difficult time in her life.

I couldn't just let that go! I had to reciprocate. So I very quickly pulled a few things together and sent her a thank-you package in turn. I made her this bookmark from a pattern in an old Leisure Arts magazine, stitched on 14-count khaki Aida, finished with navy blue fabric and a bit of lace.


Then I decided to spoil her a little. I added a small Janlynn kit, a needle minder, a book from my favorite author, Sarah Addison Allen, and a bar of camel-milk soap. It reached her, safe and sound, a week ago, which is really when I should have posted about this. Oh well! Better late than never!

Thank you so much again, Kaye! I hope you like your goodies!

Lots of love,

9 comments:

Ariadne said...

Oh what a lovely bookmark! I just made a couple of bookmarks for a local book site competition if I knew about this pattern I would have looked for it. No time now but I have to say it looks lovely!AriadnefromGreece!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely items sent and received :)

Vickie said...

How nice of both of you. :) Wonderful!

Linda said...

Beautiful gifts received and sent Sarah.

Linda

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely gift that you received from Kaye. And I love love that bookmark you stitched for her.

Miamina said...

Stitcher's really are the nicest people! You are both so sweet and kind, wonderful to see!

Justine said...

Stitching friends are the best!

Kaisievic said...

Stitchy and bloggy friends are definitely the most lovely people! Sarah, I love everything and I am so grateful to have you as a friend. hugs, Kaye

Steph said...

How lovely of Kaye. Bloggers and crafty types are some of the loveliest people. Beautiful gifts you sent in return too. XOX