Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What I've Been Stitching (2nd edition)...

About a month ago I revealed that I'd been working on a sampler of my own design (you can check it out here). I've been chugging away at it, stitching a little, frogging a lot. Here's a little update:


Yep, I added a house! This gave me so much trouble, I can't even begin to tell you. I originally wanted a red house, and I knew I wanted it to be two-toned, so the side of the house was lighter than the front. But the red just did not work. So I frogged the whole thing and started again, focusing instead on the color palette of the whole piece. And I went with a pink house. I'm not a huge fan of pink, but I think it looks okay. I used DMC 223, 224, Ecru, and 838.


Then I added the lawn, because the house looked sort of lonely sitting there by itself. The lawn kept growing and growing until it reached the other side. And then the lawn looked sort of empty. So I plopped a little fence on it, and on the other side of the fence...two little sheep!


Yes, I know, I'm sheep-crazy. I had to add the sheep! They're just too cute, with their little sheep faces. The lawn is DMC 501, the fence is 838, the little sheep faces are 310, and the little sheep bodies are fluffy white Wisper thread. Oh, and I realized I'd forgotten to put Mr. Darcy's name at the end of the quote, so I added it too. And here's what the whole piece looks like now:


Still a few holes to fill. What am I going to fill them with? Not a clue. I'm taking this super easy and just slowly adding things as I feel like it, which is soooo unlike me. I'm usually a stick-to-the-plan, paint-inside-the-lines kind of person, but I think that's why this is so lovely to do. No worries, no stress, no wrong answers. Just going where it leads me!

Until next time,

14 comments:

Irene said...

le pecore! che bello, un gran bel lavoro

Katy said...

It looks wonderful! Way to go!

Vickie said...

So awesome! I would LIVE in THAT house!! ;)

Caitlin D said...

Amazing. It really really looks so very good. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. :-)

Justine said...

It's wonderful. Clever you! Plenty of space on it yet, can't wait to see what you fill it with!

Justine said...

It's wonderful. Clever you! Plenty of space on it yet, can't wait to see what you fill it with!

CalamityJr said...

You're so creative! I'm sure the perfect finishing motifs will come and the wait for inspiration will be worth the change in your usual stitching ways.

Linda said...

It looks great Sarah.

Linda

Emma Louise Brown said...

It's coming along nicely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your house looks great. I vote for butterflies in the space. The sheepies are cute too.

Ariadne said...

It looks beautiful!Add a couple of trees!AriadnefromGreece!

Mii Stitch said...

It's coming along really nicely, well done :)

KimM said...

Wow - this is so amazingly pretty. You are doing such a wonderful job with the design and colors - love it all! Can hardly wait for the next peek at your design's progress.
xxx

Jan Gartlan said...

It's so pretty