Sunday, February 1, 2015

Joyfulness Sheep Update 8 - Finished!

I can't feel my eyeballs. Does anyone know this feeling? When you feel like you've been up forever and can't remember what sleep is? Yeah. My husband had to have surgery yesterday, so I was at the hospital all day (why, why, why do they require you to check in so early when they haven't scheduled the surgery until hours later?) He had to spend the night there, so I had a few hours to come home, take a shower, thrash around in bed pretending to sleep, and then head back this morning. He's been discharged now and he's comfortably tucked in at home, recovering. I think I need to be tucked in recovering too.

I do actually have a finish for you! I finally finished stitching my Joyfulness Sheep! I really couldn't put it down after last week's progress post, when I started with the fluffy Wisper thread. So here it is:


I kind of lost count at this point. It's 1500-something stitches. I attached the cute little snowflake buttons, too. Isn't it lovely? I'm so happy with it. I have a very specific idea of how to finish it off, and I'm going to start it as soon as I get a chance.


Whew! This was so much fun. I'm going to have to take a break from this SAL, though. I only bought Hope and Joyfulness, and I've now stitched them both. I need to make another 1-2-3 Stitch order, but I'm waiting for my bank account to recover a little.

Big hugs,

11 comments:

Ariadne said...

Regards and wishes to your husband for good health!AriadnefromGreece!

Emma Louise Brown said...

Hope your husband has a speedy recovery and make sure that you get some rest! Gorgeous stitching, looking forward to seeing it being made up :)

Emma/Itzy said...

Gorgeous finish! I hope your husband quickly recovers xx

Clare - Aimetu said...

Wishing your husband a speedy recover and some rest time for you. Lovely finish :-)

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Sarah. Hope your husband has a speedy recovery.

Linda

Shirlee said...

Praying for your husband's speedy recovery : ) Your Joyfulness sheep is lovely!

Mii Stitch said...

Cute little sheep!
Wishing your husband a speedy recovery :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope your hubby is better soon.
The sheepie is so cute. The Wisper thread works really well for this design.

Steph said...

A beautiful finish. I hope you and hubby feel better. XOX

Lija Broka said...

So sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he is recovering as are you! I definitely know the feeling you are describing (I have almost recovered from January - finally stopped buying shower gels every time I went to the shop! this was new even for me - normally it is cross stitch). I can't wait to complete my sheep this weekend (along with all the homework I got set from college).

Kaisievic said...

Hopefully your DH is on the mend and congrats on finishing Joyfulness. It looks great!