Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Little Finish-Finish

I know a lot of you around the world have been completely snowed in lately. Well, this weekend, we were sanded in. MASSIVE sandstorm. I didn't take pictures, as I was hiding out at home, but here's a video I found online that made me laugh:


It's been crazy, with winds up to 60 km/h, and they're saying it's likely to last a couple more days. Urgh! We woke up Saturday morning, and even though all the doors and windows were shut, there was a layer of sand - SAND - on everything we owned. Really looking forward to this being over!

Anyway, on to happier thoughts. Last week I showed you my finish for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL (which you can see here). Since I spent the weekend hibernating from the storm, I thought I'd be productive and finish-finish.


Sorry about the bad quality picture, the sun is hiding behind a wall of sand. I finished this off as a cushion with some lovely white-and-blue fabric I had in my stash and a bit of lace. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Here it is with last year's Bent Creek finish, Land of Liberty (also a gift from Shirlee!):


Off to dust off my possessions,

11 comments:

Linda said...

Super cute finish Sarah.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well, that is certainly different! I live near the seaside and I know how difficult it is to get rid of the sand after a day out never mind when the whole house has been sanded in.

Well done on the finishes, it's nice to have something good come out of being stuck inside.

Ariadne said...

That reminds me of La Bionda Sandstorm!
AriadnefromGreece!

Vickie said...

Oh my! What a mess you have!
Those two look great together. :)

Caitlin D said...

Cute finish!! I'd rather have the warmer weather, but I'm not sure how well I'd deal with sand IN my house. :-/

Clare - Aimetu said...

Beautiful finish - I hope the weather is kinder soon :-)

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous finish, I do love that sheepy design and the finish set next to Land of Liberty looks fabulous. Good luck with keeping the sand out!

Pull the other thread said...

That is such a pretty finish. Your choice of fabric and lace is just perfect. Hope the storms end soon.

Mii Stitch said...

What a sweet little finish, it looks great!!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, a sand storm, something that I haven't experienced yet (and there's no need to, lol). From the pictures that I have already seen about sandstorms I can fully understand that you preferred to stay home. You used your time well, the two finishes are just gorgeous.

Miamina said...

Oh dear! We experienced a sandstorm when we visited Egypt, it was really scary!

Gorgeous stitching and beautifully finished. Well done!