Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The First Finish of 2015!

Woohoo! Happy dancing here! I have finally finished Three Blind Mice!


The Prairie Schooler's Fables and Tales series is incredibly cute, but I've decided not to stitch the last two, The Owl and the Pussycat and The Fox and the Grapes, just because the stories aren't particular favorites of mine. I'm going to stick with the three I've finished, The Three Bears, The Tortoise and the Hare, and now Three Blind Mice. Here are all three together:


Now I just need to decide how to finish them! I'm thinking of having them framed as a trio, like three sections of one big frame. We'll see.

My husband and I are traveling to Kuwait tonight for a few days. This is a minor miracle, because my husband hasn't been allowed into Kuwait since our wedding (visa problems), so he's finally going to see my father again after 3 1/2 years! (For those who don't know, my father is Kuwaiti, and I was born and raised in Kuwait. He still lives there, even though my mother, who's American, is currently in the States with my sisters.)

So, while I'm away, don't forget to sign up for my blogoversary giveaway! You can do so here.

Big hugs,

18 comments:

Ariadne said...

Enjoy the trip!AriadnefromGreece!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely trio!
Enjoy your trip, it's always nice to catch up with family :)

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

Congratulations on the finish. I like them all. I think they will look good all framed together. Have a fun and safe trip.

Shirlee said...

Wishing you a safe & pleasant trip! Congratulations on your first finish of the year!

Miamina said...

Well done on the finish! It looks lovely :)

It great that your Husband can now go visit your Father, I hope you have a lovely trip :)

Kerryp77 said...

Sweet finish and safe travels

Caitlin D said...

Congratulations on the finish! I love you idea of putting them all into one frame. Glad to hear your husband is able to travel to Kuwait again! Enjoy your trip.

Emma Louise Brown said...

Gorgeous finish! Have a nice trip :)

Wendy said...

well done on the finish, they look great together. i think framing them as a trio in one frame would be perfect. Have a great time with your dad.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Sarah.

Linda

Justine said...

Gorgeous colours in these Sarah. I'll miss following your progress on them! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family x

Sarah L said...

Have a good trip. The trio looks great!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

A lovely finish! Safe travels!

Kaisievic said...

That is wonderful, Sarah, so glad that you and your DH can make the trip to Kuwait. Love your three finishes, I have so enjoyed watching you stitch these pieces.

Jan Gartlan said...

Such gorgeous finishes! They will look great framed. Enjoy catching up with your father

Lulu said...

Congrats on your first finish this year!

Steph said...

Yay! They look fabulous. XOX

Mini said...

Hi Sarah,
Following up your blog from Jo's blog.
Before I talk anything else, I would like to say that I'm so elated to see a stitcher who has some connection with Kuwait. I really can't believe this....I'm hoping to get you know better and connect thru talks about Kuwait and cross stitch :)