Sunday, January 25, 2015

Joyfulness Sheep Update 7

Had quite a long day at work today, but I'm feeling good and energetic, strangely enough. I had 4 1/2 hours of classes straight, then finally had a 1 1/2 hour break for lunch, and then another 1 1/2 hours of class. Picked up the dry cleaning on the way home, had dinner with my husband (take-out, there was no way I was cooking), did some dishes and laundry, and now I'm finally sitting down to my blog.

It's Sunday, so it's Sheep SAL check-in time! Here's how I'm doing so far:


This is Joyfulness after 1400 stitches. Actually, no, it's more like 1430 - I got a little carried away with the sheep and thought I could finish it off with a couple of extra stitches, but it became apparent that wasn't going to happen.


I finally finished all the borders and started on the sheep. I've stitched the head, the hooves, the design in the middle, and the beginning of the fur. Like I did with Hope, I'm using Wisper thread for the white fur. As you can tell from the picture, it was very sunny this morning.

Thank you all so much for your support and your lovely comments about my sampler design! You can't know how much I appreciate it. It's been sitting around waiting patiently for me to pick it up again and fill in all those spaces... Hopefully I'll have more progress on it soon!

Lots of love,

9 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

So sweet Sarah and I love the fluffy thread you are using for the sheep :D

Emma Louise Brown said...

Looking good especially the fluffy effect :)

Denise said...

Joyfulness looks great!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Linda said...

Nice progress Sarah.

Linda

Clare - Aimetu said...

You deserve some stitching time after such a busy day - lovely work

Mouse said...

awwww fluffy white sheep ... they ain't so white at the moment more of a magnolia colour ..lol especially against the snow we have been having ... luckily gone for now ... love mouse xxxxx

cucki said...

Great progress my dear xx

Mii Stitch said...

Nice progress after a busy day :)

Kaisievic said...

Joyfulness is looking very pretty.