Thursday, January 29, 2015

Knitting Again!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a wonderful week. Mine's been pretty hectic, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. My husband's been away on business the last couple of days, so I've been keeping busy.

And one of the things I've been doing is knitting! I haven't knitted anything in a long while, and it's been lovely to be working with yarn again. Here's a progress picture:


I got the idea for this from a free Martha Stewart pattern I found here. I'm not being very faithful, though - I'm adapting it A LOT. For one thing, I'm making it smaller, so it's just a lap blanket really. I'm also using completely different yarns: so far it's alternating blocks of Red Heart's Super Saver in Burgundy and Cherry Chip. I've actually finished the first strip already:


It measures about 40 inches in length and 10 in width. There will eventually be four different strips that will be attached. The problem is that the yarn I bought for the second strip isn't working out. I thought I would have alternating blocks of Cherry Chip and White, but the White is way too white, if you know what I mean. It needs to be a lot more beige. Which means I'm going to need to place another order and wait a while before I can pick this baby up again. Oh well!

Happy xxx's!

9 comments:

Felicia said...

I love the colors you are using, they are beautiful.

Mii Stitch said...

Great new start. What a nice colour scheme :)

Justine said...

Beautiful colours. What a lovely project.

Linda said...

Pretty blanket and love the colors.

Linda

Ariadne said...

Oh it looks so beautiful! I thought it was a scarf!AriadnefromGreece!

Emma/Itzy said...

Its looking great! :)

Miamina said...

Wow, I love the colours! It's going to be stunning when finished!

Steph said...

I love it! I love the mixture of the red with the stripey wool. Happy knitting. XOX

Kaisievic said...

That cherry is such a pretty colour and I love the variegated yarn, too. This is going to be a great lap rug when it is done.