Thursday, January 15, 2015

The January Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

Whew! It's been a busy week here. I finally put the suitcases away last night - they'd been sitting around since we got back from Kuwait on Saturday. Work started again after the holidays. I still have a massive to-do list, but I actually managed to get a lot done this past week.

Including some stitching! So I've joined Jo from Serendipitous Stitching's Gifted Gorgeousness SAL this year, and what we have to do is stitch on all those lovely charts that we are gifted in exchanges and giveaways, and post about our progress on the 15th (because it's 2015) of every month. Anyone can join in at any point during the year, so if this sounds like a good idea to you, jump in!

The first piece I'm tackling is actually a recent acquisition: Bent Creek's Free Betsy! The wonderful Shirlee from The Easily Influenced Stitcher gifted me this little kit as part of our last exchange. I picked it first because I LOVE sheep (who doesn't?) and because it was already kitted up! No rummaging through boxes trying to find floss and fabric.

Here's my start:


Not much, I know, but again, it's been a busy week. I'm hoping to have this finished by February's SAL check-in. Really loving stitching this!


The fabric is 25 ct. Dublin Flax linen, and the floss is a mix of DMC, WDW, and GAST. For some reason, the picture on the front has the red and blue parts switched. I just realized this now! I was following the chart faithfully and didn't even notice that the picture was different. That's a little weird...

Oh, and if you haven't joined my 3rd blogoversary giveaway, you can do so here.

Happy xxx's,

24 comments:

Elfie said...

You've chosen such a cute project to start the year.

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

I would have never noticed the color difference without your telling us. How funny is that! Your stitch project is very nice.

Mii Stitch said...

Oh, I wouldn't have spotted the colour swap :) Looks great already!

Ariadne said...

It doesn't matter that you have stitched it differently. But if you wanted this to be an Americana item then you should have stitched blue with the star and red and white lines like it is on the outside of the kit. It is the American flag.AriadnefromGreece!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Very nice start with an added personal touch, love it!

prettylittlethingsinabox said...

this is such a cute project.. and when perfect for Chinese New Year too.. is the Year of the Sheep this year.. Yoohoo.. more Sheep pattern.. happy stitching.. ;)

Hazel D said...

Lovely start - I agree it is weird that the pattern and photo aren't the same but it looks great anyway

Katy said...

Great start!

Linda said...

What a pretty project Sarah. You have gotten alot done.

Linda

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely start Sarah, it's a sweet design

Caitlin D said...

Great start! It took me a minute, even with you telling us, to find which color was switched. I still think it looks good.

Stitching in the country said...

Great start and a very cute one too.

Marcy said...

Looks great so far. And I like your personalization of it.

Angela P said...

Great new start!

Miamina said...

Lovely start and a gorgeous kit!

Clare - Aimetu said...

What a great little project to start the year off with.

Steph said...

I love your stitching, this is such a sweet sheep. xox

Jan Gartlan said...

This is so cute. So funny that our minds see what we want to see in terms of the colours. I love it how you have stitched it, the sheep is gorgeous. Will you finish it into an ornament

EvalinaMaria said...

Well done my dear, congratulations!
Evalina, This and that...

thegreytail said...

oh but it's so very lovely!
you know I love sheep too (OF COURSE) and this one is particularly funny. I don't have many Americana stitching, in fact I shamefully don't have any if I think about it. I'll get this one, and make a counter part versions with the blue and red as in the picture, this way we'll have sister sheep. it's about time we get our twin herds.
enjoy the rest of the list crossing, and eventually, happy xxx!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
Anything from the lovely Shirlee must count for double GG points!
Sheep certainly are popular in the blogosphere, there are so many cute designs.

Gillie said...

Going to look lovely and isn't 2015 the year of the sheep in the Chinese calendar?

Lulu said...

I love the colors in this design it is so beautiful and your stitching is lovely!

Kaisievic said...

That is a really cute design - I love it. Like you, I love American designs.