Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Second Little Blind Mouse

So my birthday was yesterday, and I am now officially 28 years old. I'm trying not to think too much about it, about being two years away from the big 3-0. I distracted myself very well with birthday celebrations - my husband took me to a beautiful resort in the middle of the desert last weekend. It was called Banyan Tree Al Wadi in Ras Al Khaima, if anyone is interested. We had a gorgeous suite with our own little private swimming pool (yep, it's December and it's still warm enough to go swimming - welcome to the desert!), and the next morning we booked a horseback riding lesson, which was incredible. It was the first time I'd ever been on a horse before, and aside from a couple of moments where I thought how easy it would be for my horse to bolt off into the horizon where my body wouldn't be found for a year, it was lovely! LOL...

My husband's birthday is the day before mine, so his sisters took us out to a wonderful dinner last night at a Spanish restaurant called Seville's. They gave us some great presents too, but my favorite was the big box I got in the mail from my mother, who's living in the States, in North Carolina. Look at this amazing loot:


Balls of yarn, the cutest little cross-stitch kits, and a pair of adorable scissors! I've stopped cooing over it all by now and have neatly put it all away, but I'm already thinking of ways to use all that yarn...

Anyway, I have some stitching to report! I've been working on Three Blind Mice:


Say hello to the second little blind mouse! He looks precocious, doesn't he? He's just grinning away.


Lots of love,

15 comments:

Caitlin D said...

Happy belated birthday!! Love your new stash. The first two blind mice are sweet.

Mii Stitch said...

Love the colours on the stitching, great progress :)
Great new stash!!

Shannon K said...

Happy Belated Birthday! :) Your project is coming along wonderfully.

Heather said...

Happy birthday glad to hear it was fun! I'm the same age as you so I know how you feel. Great stash!

Ariadne said...

Happy birthday to you and your dear husband!Great gifts! AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

Belated Happy Birthday Sarah. Love your presents. That yarn is so pretty. Nice progress on the mice.

Linda

KimM said...

Oh, Sarah! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! It sounds like it was grand. Love your mice and your presents. Can hardly wait to see the beautiful yarn done up.
xxx

Anne said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sarah! You are still young so don't worry. When I turned 30 it was a great year and I enjoyed it...wish I was 30 again! Tee hee!! Great gifts from your mom and lovely progress on the 3 blind mice!

Kaisievic said...

Happy birthday, my dear and oh, you are just a baby! Sounds like a wonderful birthday and your three blind mice are looking so sweet.

Steph said...

Late Happy birthday wishes from me. Lovely loot! The mice are looking brilliant, so sweet. XoX

Lulu said...

Happy belated birthday! Your gifts look lovely and the second and mouse and his cane are cute.

Miamina said...

Belated Happy Birthday from me as well. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! How lovely to get a nice parcel like that. Great work on the stitching :)

Rita E in AZ said...

your birthday sounds like it was wonderful and the gifts are too.

Emma/Itzy said...

I know its late but I am only just reading this - Happy Birthday!

It is my birthday at the end of the month and I too will be turning 28...eek!

When did that happen?!

Your stitching is so sweet, this looks like a really cute series :)

Emma/Itzy said...

Oh and I LOVE those scissors!