Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hope Sheep Update 14 - Finally, a Finish!

Whew! This one has taken quite a long time to get done. But here it is, finally - Hope, the first of my Little Sheep Virtues, part of the SAL I'm doing with Lija, Kaye, and Anne.


I put the final stitches in my nice fluffy white sheep, ironed it all, and sewed on the poinsettia button in the corner. Done! Now I just have to figure out how I want to finish it off. Any suggestions?


So this weekend I woke up and was tidying up the bedroom a bit, including putting some earrings away on this jewelry holder I have hanging on the wall. A small movement caught my eye, and I realized that the entire wall was crawling with teeny tiny barely-visible little insects.

After I called my husband in to take a look, and had freaked out for a good ten minutes, we decided it was probably just mites, and that it was finally time to clean and paint the walls. But since we both have jobs and lives that can't be put on hold, this is going to be a really slow process. So far we've only done half of our bedroom. I'd do the rest myself (DH works much longer hours than I do), but I'm so short that even with the ladder I can't do the top bits of the walls. Oh well - this is going to be a fun week!

Wish us luck!

10 comments:

Emma Louise Brown said...

Gorgeous stitching! Sorry to hear about the mites and hope they are sorted soon x

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finish Sarah.

Linda

Country Wife said...

beautiful stitching Sarah and good luck

Lulu said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish! Also good luck with your painting. I used to love painting walls until we primed and painted our whole two story house ;)

Rita E in AZ said...

What a pretty finish for you.

Miamina said...

Lovely finish! So sweet :)

Sorry about the mites, I hope they are not a serious infestation!

Mii Stitch said...

Cute finish! Hope you'll be able to sort out the mites without too much troubles.

Wendy said...

lovely finish! Well worth the thousands of stitches you put into it! So sorry to hear about your infestation, I think I'd have freaked out for a lot longer than 10 minutes!

Emma/Itzy said...

Such a sweet finish!

Urgh I would have been running and screaming away LOL

Steph said...

Beautiful finish xox