Monday, December 15, 2014

Joyfulness Sheep Update 1 and a Finish

Yep! We're starting again! Last week Lija and I finished the first sheep, Hope, from Little House Needlework's Little Sheep Virtues series. This week we're starting with the second sheep, Joyfulness, although technically I'm a day late. Yesterday ended up a lot busier than I expected, so I didn't have time to post. Oh well - here's my start:


Our first sheep, Hope, took us forever to finish. We'd set ourselves a goal of 100 stitches a week, so it took us 14 weeks. Unwilling to take that long again, we've adjusted that to 200 stitches a week for the second sheep. So this is my first 200 stitches here - I've stitches a snowflake, a little tree, and the majority of the big tree.


I've also finished off my first sheep!


I finished it off as a little pillow. I've had a scrap of this Christmas-y fabric in my stash for ages, and it was the perfect size. Then I couched down some twine all along the edges, tying it off in a bow at the bottom. Love how it turned out!


All right, I've still got some wall painting to finish up. Three more walls! We're nearly there!

Happy xxx's,

8 comments:

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

HOPE looks beautifully stitched and the backing fabric really goes well with it. Great job. Look forward to seeing Joyfulness.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finish and great new start :)

KimM said...

Lovely, lovely - can hardly wait to see your second one unfold.
xxx

Preeti said...

Beautiful finish :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish and cute new start Sarah.

Linda

Lulu said...

Lovely progress on your new start Sarah! Also you have finished Hope up beautifully.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous finish, Sarah. I have started on LOVE next as I cannot seem to find my JOY pattern anywhere atm. Having said that I have not touched it for a while as I have been obsessed with my Bah Humbugs and also I am doing some wedding stitching.

P.S.Love the backing fabbie.

Steph said...

It looks lovely as a mini cushion, I love the fabric you used to back it with, it's fits perfectly. xox