Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Exchanges with Shirlee

Shirlee (from The Easily Influenced Stitcher) and I had so much fun with our exchange last year that we decided to have another one! The rules were the same: she wanted something Christmas-y, but I don't celebrate Christmas so I opted for something Americana.

I made some winter biscornus last year that were a huge hit, so I decided to stitch up one of them again for Shirlee. This is a Sablaise freebie chart that I stitched on 28-count blue Jobelan.


I also made her a little angel ornament from a Pamela's Primitives chart. I stitched it on 14-count white Aida and finished it with a lace hanger and lovely Christmas fabric.


I included a bunch of goodies: a Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe chart, some Threadworx floss, hibiscus tea and camel milk chocolate (both local treats). But I'm an airhead and didn't take a picture of the whole lot before I sent it off.

And Shirlee sent me this pile of loveliness:


A Bent Creek kit, a Little House Needleworks chart, some Teavana tea that sounds delicious, and a baggy stuffed with DMC floss. Plus her stitched piece, which is drop-dead gorgeous.


Look at that stitching! Look at that finishing! I love it so much, Shirlee, and I can't wait to display it :D Can't wait to do this again next year!

Big hugs,

6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Lovely stitching by both of you. Such a great exchange, it sure looks like you had fun.

Mii Stitch said...

A fabulous exchange! Great biscornu and lovely goodies received :)

Ariadne said...

Love your exchanges!AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

Lovely exchange gifts Sarah.

Linda

Miamina said...

Lovely gifts! Your biscornu is beautiful too!

GINGERALE said...

What a great swap :)