Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Tortoise and the Hare is Done, Plus Some Framing News!

Woohoo! I've finished the second Fables & Tales! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you The Tortoise and the Hare:


I finally finished stitching the banner above and all the flowers underneath it. This was such a lovely, easy piece to stitch - I'm really enjoying this whole series. Now I just have to figure out which one I'm going to stitch next!


More happy news: I had two pieces framed!


I finished stitching Down by the Bay last December, and Falling Star this past May. I put them both aside and basically forgot all about them until I did a bit of stash organization last month. Off to the framer's they went, and I got them back yesterday.

I'm so happy with them! Very glad I picked the colors I did. I wanted them to look similar but not identical, so the frames are the same width but not the same color. We have no empty wall space left in our apartment, but it doesn't matter because I really really really REALLY hope we'll be moving soon and then I'll have all the wall space I could possibly ask for!

Big hugs,

9 comments:

Wendy said...

it looks great, well done on the finish! Your other two pieces look great framed, I've never had anything professionally framed.

Mii Stitch said...

Congratulations on your latest finish, it looks great. Both framed finishes look even better now (I found)!!!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Sarah. The framed pieces look great.

Linda

Justine said...

Love the Tortoise and Hare, those bright greens and blues are lovely. Those frames really set off your gorgeous stitching.

Emma Louise Brown said...

Gorgeous :)

Kaisievic said...

Lovely frames for your finished pieces and I love your Turtle and Hare, Enjoy your Happy Dance.

Anne said...

Congrats on the finish! I love the tortoise and hare...thinking I need to stitch it too! Beautiful frames you chose, very simply yet elegant. Make room on the walls!!

Lulu said...

What a beautiful finish Sarah! And your framed earlier work looks lovely :)

Steph said...

Well done on the finish, the Tortoise and the Hare look lovely. It's been fun watching it grow. The framed pieces look amazing. Was Down by the Bay really last December? Where has this year gone?! XOX