Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Tortoise Joins the Hare

Engagement party update: sister-in-law has given us all lists of instructions to do before Friday. In-laws have started to fly in. I had to pick up my mother-in-law at the airport at 6 am yesterday morning, coming in from Spain. My father-in-law is coming in from Tokyo tomorrow morning, also 6 am. My grandparents-in-law are coming in tonight from Yemen. The groom's family have already flown over from London. It's turning into a crazy international affair!

Stitching update: despite the insanity shown above, I've had a lot of time on my hands. My husband's in Saudi and Qatar on business trips this week, so it's been quiet at home. Here's where I am on The Tortoise and the Hare:


As you can see, I've stitched the tortoise. I really like how he turned out - he looks like quite a happy guy, doesn't he?


That's all I've had time for! I'll try to find stitching time during the next few days, but the insanity around here may only get worse. I know someone's going to have to stay here in our apartment, but I'm not sure who yet. Anyway, wish us luck!

Happy xxx's,

10 comments:

Justine said...

Hope you have a great family get-together - it sounds like fun! I love your latest stitch, both characters are so cute!

Mii Stitch said...

Great update, enjoy the party!!

Isabella Morais said...

Oh my! London,Tokyo, Spain! Family is all over the world!

Your stitching is adorable!

Lots of kisses..

Isabella.

Isabella Morais said...

Oh my! London,Tokyo, Spain! Family is all over the world!

Your stitching is adorable!

Lots of kisses..

Isabella.

Linda said...

The turtle is adorable Sarah. Just curious, where do you live.

Linda

Wendy said...

how fabulous that all the relatives are flying in for the engagement party! I think engagement parties must be more of a big deal out there, we didn't even bother having one! Loving the xstitch, the tortoise looks like quite a cool fella

Lulu said...

Lovely stitching! The tortoise looks great with his race partner :)

cucki said...

awwwwwwwww
so cute xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kaisievic said...

I hope that the engagement party goes well. What fun to have all your family flying in. The tortoise looks very sweet.

Lumiruusu said...

Oh-Tortoise and hare remember that story from my childhood book!You have done pretty stitching and the toroise really looks like to be a happy little creature! :) Greetings from Finland -Maija