Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Exchange

I'm a bit late with this post, but the blame is fully on the international mailing system - it took forever for my package to arrive at my partner! Anyway, she's received it now, so I can reveal all. The lovely Kim over at Wisdom with Needle and Thread organized a Halloween Exchange, and I was paired up with Jill. Here's what I sent her:


I made her a Halloween biscornu. This is a freebie I found on Pinterest, though now I can't for the life of me find the link to it. I used some 16-count fabric that the awesome Lija sent to me a while ago, hand-dyed a dark gray using logwood and aluminum mordant. I had to tinker with the design quite a bit to make it bigger, so I added the words and the border. I stitched a spiderweb on the bottom and finished it off with one black button and one white.


I also made her this little pumpkin ornament (you can find the free chart here). This was also stitched on 16-count fabric Lija sent me, this time hand-dyed beige with turmeric, basil and marigold. I finished it up with some primitive blanket stitches and some cord I made.

I added some goodies to the package: some fat eighths of autumn-y fabrics, a Nikyscreations chart, and a bottle of date syrup (like maple syrup, only made with dates!) I completely forgot to take a picture of it all together before I sent it off, though... Oh well.

And this is what Jill sent me!


She made me the cutest little felt bat ornament, a bunch of Halloween candles (just in time!), some great skull fabric (love it!), and some candy.


I had such a great time putting this exchange together. Thanks, Jill! I loved everything you sent me. And thanks to Kim, who organized this whole thing for us in the first place!

Happy xxx's,

10 comments:

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

I loved that bat, I might try to make one too!AriadnefromGreece!

cucki said...

wowwwwwwww
so pretty..
i love everything so much x

Jan Gartlan said...

I love your biscornu! You are so clever. The bat you received is adorable also

Linda said...

Wonderful exchange gifts Sarah.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Great exchange, you did so well with your biscornu.

Mii Stitch said...

A great exchange!
Both handmade piece are lovely :)

KimM said...

Wonderful exchange gifts - given and received. I'm so glad you enjoyed the exchange….
best wishes
xxx

Steph said...

Oh that's a fabulous exchange! Such lovely makes from both of you. XOX

Lulu said...

What a beautiful biscornu Sarah!

Anne said...

Very cute Halloween pieces stitched and received! Exchanges are fun :D