Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Tutti Frutti Exchange

I'm a couple of days late with this post, but I've had the busiest week. I was just complaining the other day how I've got too much time on my hands, so of course the universe handed me a bucket-and-a-half of errands to do. Typical, right?

Anyway, the lovely Mii Stitch organized another great exchange for us, this time with a Tutti Frutti theme. We were randomly paired up and I was given Christina (from Whilst Iris Naps). I made her some raspberry-themed pieces, since that's her favorite fruit. Here they are:


The raspberry biscornu is a freebie I found here, and the bookmark is another freebie I found here through Pinterest, though I have no idea who the designer is. Both were stitched on beige 14-count Aida with DMC floss. I finished the biscornu off with some wooden buttons, and the bookmark is backed with some pink polka-dot fabric.


I also included a bunch of goodies, including an Apple Tree punch-needle kit, some fruity buttons, and a bag of chocolate-covered dates (the most popular fruits over here!). I always forget to take a picture of the package before I shipped it out. Why do I keep doing that?! So annoying.

Lynda Ruth (from Purple Pixie Dust) drew my name, and she completely and utterly spoiled me. I knew I was in for a treat when the post office handed me a big box.


She's made me a cute little watermelon pillow (watermelon's my favorite!), and thrown in a sweet little watermelon button, a fat quarter of fruity fabric, a package of sour watermelon gummies, some Nestea packets, a little bottle of Burt's Bees fruity shampoo, some fruity tea towels, four tiny fruity candles, and a cupcake deco set.


She's also included some great souvenirs from New Brunswick: a foldout map, a postcard, a 2015 calendar, a touring guide, a little lighthouse figurine, a magnet, a pin, a bracelet, a set of drawstring bags, some saltwater taffy (I LOVE saltwater taffy!), lip balm, and a fun pink zippered pouch.


I've never had such a massive box of goodies waiting for me in the post office. Love it all! Thank you, Lynda Ruth! And thank you, Mii Stitch, for organizing this whole thing. I had so much fun participating.

Happy xxx's!



9 comments:

cucki said...

Everything is so sweet xx

Mii Stitch said...

What a successful swap!! :)
Thank you for taking part x

Linda said...

What an awesome exchange Sarah.

Linda

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Hi Sarah, so glad you liked everything I sent you. I thought you would like a few items from New Brunswick since you live on the other side of the world to me. hugs Lynda Ruth

butterfly said...

Lovely exchange .

Lulu said...

What beautiful raspberries on the biscornu and bookmark you stitched for your partner! And you received so many beautiful things from your partner :)

Kissy said...

Oh, that's nice! Always happy to see someone used one of my charts. And I never saw this one stitched up. Well done!
Kissy
http://kissycross.twoday.net/

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful gifts both given and received. I will check out those links right now, thank you.

dilekçe işler said...

very nice