Thursday, August 14, 2014

With a Hoot-Hoot Here...

And the third corner of Hoot is done! This is coming along so quickly now...


So I've stitched yet another candy corn, pumpkin, bird, and pair of googly eyes, and I've started stitching the purple border. One more corner to go!


Exciting news: I got highlights in my hair! I've always had an experimental relationship with my hair, and I've gone through periods when I've had it chin-length, and then periods where I've tried to grow it out (The longest I got was for the wedding, about mid-back - and then I promptly chopped it off again). At one point in high school I got a perm (BIG MISTAKE) and at another point I streaked it with pink. Last summer I dyed it with henna, which made it a dark reddish-brown. But then I got bored with it again, so I was trying to figure out what to do with it all summer, and last night I just picked myself up, went to the salon, and asked for highlights. It's not too drastic, very natural looking, and I LOVE IT!

Happy dancing!

5 comments:

Kathy Ellen said...

Cute designs, Sarah. Looks like fun to stitch.

What a brave new adventure with your hair! So glad that it turned out so well!

Blessings!

cucki said...

Looking so lovely x

Mii Stitch said...

Your biscornu is coming together really quickly now :)

KimM said...

Your biscornu is so cute. I love seeing your progress. Congrats on your hair adventure. I can remember several times I tried something 'new' and wanted to put a bag over my head. :) Lovely to hear you're doing a Happy Dance.
hugs
xxx

Steph said...

I just love the googly eyes on this ^_^ your hair sounds fabulous. XOX