Saturday, August 2, 2014

Picking Up Where We Left Off

Hello, folks! I'm back! Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? This summer has been so long and so busy: Ramadan, the World Cup, my trip to Kuwait, and then all of my in-laws coming to visit for Eid (the three-day holiday to celebrate the end of Ramadan). It's been a whirlwind of family and food, and I'm just finally catching my breath.

Just an idea of how crazy my family is: my husband's entire family came to visit us, including his grandparents, as a pit stop on their way to other destinations. His grandparents are now in Valencia, Spain (his grandmother is Spanish) and his parents and sisters are in Tokyo, Japan (his father is a diplomat and Tokyo is his newest posting). My side of the family is heading back home to North Carolina, USA tomorrow night (my youngest sister is off to East Carolina University, and my mother and my other sister are going to be moving with her).

Everyone's now scattered across the globe, which is a lovely excuse to go around visiting them soon.

I have been doing some stitching, believe in or not. A lot of it has been for the Tutti Frutti exchange, so I can't share those with you yet. But I finally got the missing thread, WDW's Strawberry Fields, to finish stitching my Strawberry!


Now that the stitching is complete, all that's left is for me to put it together, which I'm a little terrified about. Here's hoping it goes well!


I've got a lot of blog reading to catch up on still. I haven't forgotten you all, don't worry!

Big hugs,

6 comments:

Shirlee said...

You certainly have been busy! Your strawberry is so bright & cheerful! I'm sure you will do a great job finishing it : )

Lulu said...

What a busy summer you've had. Glad you received the floss you needed and that you got to spend time with your family :)

cucki said...

It's looking so yummy :)

Linda said...

All that business makes my head swim Sarah. LOL Love the color of the strawberry.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

I'm slowly catching up too :) I can't wait to see this yummy strawberry!

Kaisievic said...

You have such an interesting family - so international!