Monday, August 11, 2014

It's Such a Hoot

Another corner stitched on the Hoot biscornu!


I've finished another pumpkin, another bird, another pair googly eyes, and another piece of candy corn. I've also added the blue to the black border in the middle. I'm half-way through on this side!


Still spending a lot of time researching my mother's family's ancestry. Why am I only doing my mother's side of the family? Because my father is Arab, and Arabs were notorious for being nomadic until about fifty years ago. Their record-keeping is mostly oral, and it's part of our tradition that our names include the names of our ancestors. So instead of a middle name, it's my father's name, and his father's, and his father's, and his father's, etc. It's actually a very good way of keeping track of people, and so my father's family can trace its roots from Kuwait, up to Iraq, and down again to Saudi Arabia and then Yemen. My mother's family? I know next to nothing about them.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

KimM said...

You are really "going to town"! I can tell you're enjoying the stitching.
hugs
xxx

cucki said...

:)
Sweet xxd

Annie said...

Hello

Just found your lovely blog.
Your Halloween stitching is great, so colourful and I love your strawberry too.
Good luck with your research (:

Linda said...

So cute Sarah.

Linda

Steph said...

Awesome! I love the googly eyes ^_^ Have fun with your family tree. XOX